John Snow Inc (JSI)
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Procurement Officer position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Pretoria, South Africa. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Finance and Operatios Manager to attend to all projects related procurement requirements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishes a detailed procurement programme plan to determine appropriate specifications of required items, according to established guidelines and procedures and in coordination with project staff as necessary;
- In cooperation with HQ, prepare for receipt of international shipments, and liaise with competent authorities for tax exemptions, port clearances, etc. and the timely delivery of items to the beneficiaries;
- Receive and track approved purchase requests (PRs);
- Research specifications and quantities necessary for all items to be purchased.
- Create and issue requests for quotations and proposals.
- Collect quotes, do quotation analysis, and vendor selection justifications;
- Issue purchase orders (POs) based on approved vendor selection justifications;
- Track PO up to payment of vendor;
- Assemble all final supporting documentation for procurements made and deliver to finance for payment of invoice;
- Maintain procurement matrix showing pending PO and PR reports to staff as well as procurement pipeline;
- Assembly and scheduling of procurement committees when necessary for bid/quote analysis land selection of vendor;
- Undertake other associated tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- First University Degree (BA/BSc.) in Procurement and Supply Chain or other qualification graded at NQF 7.
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair minded, people oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
Closing Date for Applications: 27 March 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Procurement Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.