John Snow Inc (JSI)
HIV Care & Treatment
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly motivated candidate for the NIMART Nurse position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Senior Care & Treatment Advisor to initiate newly diagnosed HIV positive clients in the community onto treatment.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The NIMART Nurse will provide support to USAID-funded partners to strengthen index testing and case finding by providing Nurse Initiated Management of Antiretroviral Treatment (NIMART) services to ensure that set targets for Community HIV Care and Treatment are achieved.
- Work in a mobile setting, conducting outreach services in the community;
- Initiate newly diagnosed HIV positive clients onto treatment;
- Prescribe appropriate treatment in line with regulations and legal requirements;
- Dispense medication in line with pharmacy practices and guidelines;
- Facilitate referrals from community to clinical sites in line with standard operating procedures;
- Support the review of challenges and achievements in implementing the project;
- Monitor project deliverables against set targets and develop improvement plans;
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, feedback and support to HTS Community Supervisors and Counselors;
- Accurate records management and reporting;
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative strategies and solutions; and
- Participate in targeted outreaches to the community.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional Nurse with an additional qualification in NIMART is required;
- Valid dispensing license is an essential requirement;
- Current registration with South African Nursing Council is an essential requirement;
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience of which at least 2 years should be in initiating clients on ART is an essential requirement;
- Minimum of 3 years HIV prevention, care and treatment experience is an essential requirement; additional experience in PMTCT and pediatric HIV services will be a distinct advantage;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at the community level and assisting community-based organizations to implement and strengthen health activities is an essential requirement;
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and communication skills are required;
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal working hours is required;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment is strongly preferred; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills strongly preferred;
Closing Date for Applications: 27 March 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: NIMART Nurse) to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.