John Snow Inc (JSI)
HIV Care & Treatment
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Pretoria, South Africa. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Senior M&E Advisor to design and implement M&E systems to track targeted community case finding activities, delivery of community level HIV testing and counselling, and linkage of HIV positive clients to care and treatment.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will ensure that processes and tools are in place and adhered to for the recording, capture, analysis, and verification of accurate data for the project to ensure that set performance against targets for improving Index Testing and Community HIV Care and Treatment is tracked and accounted for. The M&E Officer also coordinates activities with M&E staff at the DOH and implementing partners working in the designated region.
- Regular visits to project sites to ensure quality of data collected and adherence to data collection processes;
- Coordinate data recording and verification on a daily basis to ensure submission within set timelines using standardized data collection tools;
- Establish a suitable program monitoring system to support performance management;
- Ensure that data collection is aligned with the national DHMIS policy and facility level DHMIS Standard Operating Procedures;
- Conduct data validation and verification, checking reported data from source documents;
- Conduct routine data quality audits and develop plans to address data collection and data management gaps and challenges;
- Assist the Senior M&E Advisor to compile routine program performance monitoring reports and compile ad-hoc reports as requested;
- Proactively and consistently review progress towards set targets throughout the project implementation;
- Provide regular feedback to project sites and submit data to the relevant health facility on a monthly basis for submission to the web-DHIS and evidence-based program planning;
- Routinely provide on-site mentoring, coaching, and support to the HIV Testing Services team on data collection systems and procedures;
- Ensure that M&E Quality Standards, External Quality Assessment client record review standards, HIV Clinical guidelines, and any other relevant standards are met;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior M&E Advisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- NQF Level 5 qualification in public health, data management, information systems or other relevant field is an essential requirement;
- Minimum of (2) two years of progressively increasing responsibility with M&E for health programs is an essential requirement;
- Demonstrable ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences is an essential requirement;
- Demonstrable knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is required;
- Proven ability to promote a culture of data use for planning and accountability will be a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge of health information systems, policies, and standard operating procedures in South Africa and proven knowledge on strengthening M&E systems to improve the availability and use of data for decision-making is strongly preferred;
- Demonstrable skills in quality assurance systems will be a distinct advantage.
Closing Date for Applications: 27 March 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.