John Snow Inc (JSI)
HIV Care & Treatment
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly motivated candidate for the HIV Testing Services (HTS) Trainer position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Pretoria, South Africa. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the in-country Senior Care & Treatment Advisor to design, implement and lead all capacity building interventions for the project.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The HIV Testing Services (HTS) Trainer plans and organizes training, mentorship, supportive supervision and coaching programs with the technical project team to ensure that set targets for improving Index Testing and Community HIV Care and Treatment are achieved. The HTS Trainer also ensures that planned training interventions are coordinated and complementary with those led by DoH and other implementing partners.
- Work with technical team to plan and organize trainings and associated activities;
- Develop, update and refine training curricula;
- Conduct training sessions for USAID partner staff to improve index testing skills and performance;
- Capture training data on relevant database, analyse and use the data to improve interventions;
- Train supervisory staff in supportive supervision techniques, including how to conduct productive in-depth data review meetings and one-on-one supervision;
- Evaluate training impact by monitoring partner performance (index as proportion of total, client refusal rates, yield, AEs reported); and
- Compile and submit detailed reports and supporting documentation on each of the interventions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualification at NQF Level 7 in public health or related field is an essential requirement;
- A minimum of 3 years of senior level experience in design, implementation, and monitoring of capacity building programs in community HIV testing is an essential requirement;
- Strong computer skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English are an essential requirement;
- Excellent organizational skills are required;
- Documented experience in training related to index testing and supportive supervision is strongly preferred;
- Experience with PEPFAR or the Global Fund programming in South Africa is strongly preferred;
- Track record of delivering relevant curriculum will be a distinct advantage; and
- Demonstrable skills in quality assurance systems will be a distinct advantage.
Closing Date for Applications: 27 March 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: HIV Testing Services (HTS) Trainer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.