John Snow Inc (JSI)
HIV Care & Treatment
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Community Counselor position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Community Supervisor to deliver community level HIV testing and counselling, and link HIV positive clients to care and treatment for the project.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Community Counselor will provide high quality HIV testing and counselling services as well as accurate documentation to ensure that set targets for improving Index Testing and Community HIV Care and Treatment are achieved.
- Provide quality HIV Testing Services (HTS) as per national standards and protocol;
- Offer first adherence counselling services to newly diagnosed HIV positive clients before referral to care and treatment;
- Implement index testing approaches to elicit additional contacts and increase the uptake of HIV treatment among contacts identified;
- Assist the HTS and Community Supervisor to identify and track sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) associated with index testing and assisted partner notification in order to support referral to SGBV survivor services;
- Provide input into the monthly forecasting, quantification and reporting on Rapid Test Kits (RTKs) and HIV self-testing kits, and raise a 1-month early warning alert for expected RTK shortage;
- Implement HTS services and innovations aimed at increasing access to HTS provision;
- Generate demand and mobilise at-risk clients in the designated community to undergo HIV testing;
- Participate in EQA activities at the facility level as required;
- Ensure accurate data entry and timely reporting to achieve project targets and expectations;
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative strategies and solutions;
- Conduct targeted outreaches to the community.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification is an essential requirement;
- Certificate in HTS with at least 3 years of counseling experience is an essential requirement;
- Articulation skills in English and relevant local language(s) for the Johannesburg area is required;
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal working hours is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of sexual and reproductive health is strongly preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV Care and Treatment will be a distinct advantage; and
- Demonstrable skills in quality assurance systems will be a distinct advantage.
Closing Date for Applications: 27 March 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Community Counselor) to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.