Aquity Innovations NPC
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Aquity Director
Roles and Responsibilities:
The IT Manager is responsible for maintenance of the network; telecommunications administration; and maintenance; hardware and software procurement and installation; data base programming; and technical assistance and training in software.
Specific duties include (but not limited to) the following:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for users.
- Manage company website and social medical platforms. Process any requested updates and changes.
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades on network optimization.
- undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources.
- Support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases;
- Configuration of routing and switching equipment;
- Configuration of hosted IP voice services; Active Directory, Exchange Server, Sage Payroll, QuickBooks system.
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Facilitate procurements and standards for ICT equipment’s for the organizations and ensures cost effectiveness
- Manage relationships and contract with service providers
- Manage server system systems and ICT infrastructure around telecommunications
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are in place in for business continuity eg. Backup server files, UPS for power failure, Synchronization, Data storage on cloud
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- B.S. in programming, computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- 4 years’ experience managing server systems and ICT infrastructure, including equipment maintenance.
- Proven track record of administering Windows servers, WAN/LAN connects and performing backups and restorations of data.
- Ability to perform system updates, upgrades, migrations, and manage outages.
- Certifications in either technical support or systems support highly preferred.
- Email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.