People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA)
POWA seeks to appoint a highly skilled individual to fill the position of Chief Social Worker, Evaton Office. The main objective of the position is to ensure the smooth running of POWA Evaton Office, provide overall management and fundraise for the office.
- To manage the office in order that POWA may provide prompt, sensitive, proactive, socially inclusive and professional service to survivors of violence against women.
- Ensure that POWA is a highly respected organisation within the operational area.
- Network and build strategic alliances with partners within area.
- Fundraise and control expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Ensure that your office has necessary physical resources and equipment to execute duties.
- Develop and implement psychosocial responses and prevention strategies.
- As part of a management team contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation strategy.
- Provide support and assistance in running workshops, meetings and research
- Attendance and participation in meetings and forums where necessary for your branch
- Media work with radio, print and television.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Grade 12;
- Bachelor Arts in Social Work (Hons)
- Registered with the Council of Social Services Professions
- Project management and supervision of staff minimum 2 years’ experience
- Passion in working with victims or survivors of domestic violence
- Computer literacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Planning and organising skills
- Fluency in English and 2 other official languages (preferably Sesotho and Zulu)
- Good writing skills
- Knowledge of, and ability to work within a community development framework
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver
- Assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints
- Demonstrated interpersonal, facilitation and negotiating skills, including the ability to effectively consult and liaise with people at various levels within the community
- Event management experience
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Disciplined and diligent in ensuring tasks are carried out on time
- Drivers licence.
Applications should include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A cover letter that outlines how the candidate fits the job requirements
- The names and full contact details (telephone, fax and e-mail) of 3 recent referees
01 April 2020 – 30 June 2020(Three months contract)
Retired and unemployed social workers with experience are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The salary is negotiable
Deadline for submission of applications: 26 March 2020
If you do not hear from us by the 30 April 2020 regard your application as unsuccesful
The Hiring Committee
People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA) P.O. Box 93416, Yeoville, 2143
Fax: 011 484-3195