AQUITY Innovations (NPC)
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy Overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the Human Resources Officer to support the grant personnel.
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions (Officer level not exceeding R555,804 all-inclusive annual package).
- Provide overall HR support to all staff of AQUITY Innovations, assist in development and review of HR policies, guidelines and systems, and ensure compliance of HR activities to relevant legislative frameworks.
- Conduct recruitment and placement processes for staff. This will cover advertising, screening, contracting and orientation functions.
- In collaboration with Team Leaders/ Project Managers, conduct Performance Management tasks and maintain diary for all performance appraisals.
- Manage organisational employee relations and ensure HR best practices are adhered to by all project staff.
- Manage and provide guidance on disciplinary issues and provide counselling, guidance and coaching as required.
- Implement AQUITY HR Policies and ensure adherence to relevant labour laws and practices and support staff enrolment in local benefit plans as appropriate.
- Perform HR Records Management, both paper and electronic filing systems while keeping all project staff information confidential.
- Administer Timesheet, Payroll and Leave Management functions, capturing all Masterfile entries and ensure clear exception reports.
- Play an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment for all workers including those on project sites.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of at least five years’ relevant work experience.
- Excellent planning, organizing, communication and Interpersonal skills. Knowledge of local Labour Laws, an ability to work in a multicultural environment, pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality is a must.
- A good understanding of donor regulations such as those of Global Fund, USAID, World Bank etc, will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of MS software packages and databases
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets and data analytical skills
- Email cover letter and CV to email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.