Jembi Health Systems
Jembi Health Systems is a not for profit organisation specializing in Health Information Systems and Digital Health. They partner with international organizations like MSF, the Rockefeller Foundation, UNICEF, CHAI, MSH, CDC and USAID to provide software solutions to improve health outcomes in low resource settings. Jembi Health Systems NPC is currently involved in a number of key projects aimed at addressing national health challenges identified by the South African government.
Jembi seeks to appoint a Senior Systems Analyst to be based in South africa.
- The Senior Systems Analyst (SA) works closely with the business and technical teams to analyse and design solutions for digital health projects and leads the system design and functional specification deliverable.
- The SA should ideally understand health and ensures that there is integration between business and technology. The SA works with the client, business and project management teams in order to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The SA understands the software development processes – SDLC – and is very analytical with problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- The SA works with current systems, designs new technical systems as well as enhances legacy environments and needs to be able to adapt to different programming languages and technology stacks. This role has a very strong focus on hospital information system strengthening and system interoperability and therefore requires a person with extensive knowledge and experience in developing user requirements, mobile technologies, full functional and technical specifications and system integration specifications. All documentation produced must use recognised standards and tools. The candidate must have strong technical systems analyst.
- 10 years or more proven work experience as a systems analyst, product owner or related.
- Degree or recognised qualification in Informatics or Systems Analysis.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA management software (advantageous)
- Experience working in the public health sector (advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills
- Strong background in mobile technologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to work in dynamic environments
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Manage the deliverables for multiple agile projects.
- Microsoft technologies
- Web-based technologies
- Mobile technologies
- Additional Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Digital Ocean
- Experience with Ansible and Docker
- Experience in developing using an OOP language, advantageous
- Front End development experience with Angular or React frameworks
- Works with the client and business teams to understand the problem domain, elicit requirements and capture technical needs
- Clearly articulates and documents functional and technical specifications
- Obtains key inputs from the architect to identify solution interdependencies
- Documents solution design including technical solution architecture, data models, context diagrams, sequence diagrams and integration specifications.
- Identifies options for potential solutions and assesses them for both technical and business suitability
- Communicates requirements to the development team using an agile methodology
- Develops stories for hand over to the development team
- Manages the product backlog and priorities
- Manages the software delivery cycle
- Performs the role of Product Owner
- Oversees the QA team with test cases and testing
- Manages technical documentation for testers and implementers
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partners and clients
- Proactively builds and maintain good relationships with stakeholders
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
- Keeps up to date with technical and industry developments
- Develops management and client project reports
- Manages risks and issues
- Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to email@example.com and, include a comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM-GIZJEMBIWN-01.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
- There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
- Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
- In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
- Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race,
- Color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to www.jembi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancie