Society for Family Health (SFH)
The intent of this solicitation is to obtain a Consultant with the experience and expertise to assist in the planning, organising, and guiding The Society for Family Health (SFH) Human Resources functions and operations.
A. Proposal scope of specifications and requirements
Respondents must provide a proposal that indicates a general description of the techniques, approaches and methods to be used to satisfy the following Scope of the requirements and specifications in the following areas:
- Job Profiles:
- Review existing job descriptions and revise as needed. Develop new job profiles
- Operational Policies and Procedures:
- Provide recommendations and strategies for development of revised and/or new processes and practices on Human Resources matters.
- Benchmarking and grading:
- Grade and benchmark all positions within SFH.
- Research will include the review of comparable positions within international organisations to ensure that salary ranges are in line with industry standard.
- The review will include consideration of longevity, experience, and other knowledge, skills and abilities that may be a factor in compensation consideration for existing staff.
- Staff Training:
- Determine appropriate training to deliver such training.
- Recommend, facilitate and/or provide training classes.
- Ongoing Human Resources Support
- Serve as litigation partner in labour related matters
- Support assessment of matters that may arise through the CCMA
- Ensure 100% compliance to the South African Labour Act through the performance of an organisational audit
- Establishing performance reward systems that will motivate staff to deliver quality work
- Trade unions interface if any
- Performance Appraisals
- Inhouse disciplinary process
- Align and update HR policy& procedures.
B. Submission Requirements
To be considered responsive, a proposal must contain the following, referenced by number and in the following order:
- A brief description of the respondent’s work history and traceable previous experience as a Human Resource Consultant. This must contain detailed methodology and approaches in providing the services.
- Copies of company registration,
- Professional certifications or other credentials, together with evidence that respondent, is in good standing and qualified to conduct business in South Africa. Preference will be given to organisations that demonstrate affiliation to a South African business labour -forum through which they are kept appraised with the latest developments in the industry, trade union activities and all labour legislation
- A description of similar projects completed by the respondent within the past 12- 18 months. The respondent must have quick access to the latest labour statutes and to all case laws as they are published.
- References with contact information from organisations that have used respondent’s services for similar projects/installations within the last 12-18 months.
- A detailed cost proposal, including hourly rates,
- Responses must be in accordance with the guidelines as specified in this Request for Proposals (RFP). SFH reserves the right to cancel all or part of this RFP at any time. This RFP does not commit SFH to accept any proposals submitted, nor is the SFH responsible for any costs incurred in the preparation of responses to this RFP. SFH reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to accept or reject any or all items in the proposals, and/or to award the contract in whole or in part as is deemed to be in the best interest of SFH. SFH reserves the right to cancel, delay, amend, or reissue the RFP at any time.
C. Selection criteria/ Evaluation of proposals
Evaluation & Scoring: Submissions will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- General approach to projects of this scope
- Methodology(s) used in conducting similar assessments
- Depth of experience, quality of services in a not-for-profit sector
- Qualifications and experience of the individual(s) assigned to the search.
- References from at least 3 current or previous clients for a similar project.
- Evaluation of services provided.
- Ability to meet timeline.
- Clarity, structure and competitiveness of fees.
Scoring will be applied according to the following weighting scale:
- 25% Respondent’s experience and qualifications in working with broader not-for-profit (preferably healthcare) sector projects of a similar scope or magnitude. Satisfactory client references from the broader not-for-profit sector for whom similar work has been performed.
- 25% Respondent’s understanding of the issue, the approach and methodology proposed to address the requirements of the terms of reference.
- 25% Proposed budget, fees (all-inclusive services fee, which will include the cost of all disbursements necessary to complete the project), number of hours on account and terms and conditions. Price should be exclusive of VAT and inclusive of all direct and indirect costs
- 25% Relevant expertise, experience and qualifications of key personnel who will be involved in the service requirements. Demonstrated ability and personnel to fulfil the requirements of the proposal; CV’s included.
- TOTAL: 100%
The appointment will be for the duration of at least twelve months and agreed timelines.
All proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by March 23, 2020, at 17h00 South African time.
Please ensure the subject line states “HR Advisor".
Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.