Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
Services to be provided:
- Work together with the Country Director, relevant members of staff and graphic designer to develop an approach for the 2019 Annual Report that is compelling, easy to understand and aligned with Conservation International
- Collate information from a range of donor reports, impact assessments and interviews to prepare a set of 10 key messages regarding CSA’s impact for 2019 that are aligned with Conservation Internationals Brand and Communications Guidelines and Key Messages
- Develop 15 pages of copy (< 350 words / page) summarizing CSA’s impact for 2019 in relation to the key messages
- Update Website Copy (https://www.conservation.org/south-africa)
- The service provider must be suitably qualified to synthesize technical information into succinct, easy to understand key messages copy for non specialists.
- Have a proven track record of producing high quality copy and/or Annual Reports in the South African context.
- Familiarity with Conservation South Africa’s work, South Africa’s National Development Plan and/or sustainable development will be an advantage.
- Access to good internet connection, own computer and software and the ability to work online or report to a CSA office in Claremont (Cape Town) or Lonehill (Johannesburg) at your own cost.
- Ability to produce independent and compelling copy that is aligned with Conservation Internationals Brand and Communications Guidelines and Key Messages.
Consultancy Deliverables and Budget:
- Inception meeting
- 10 Key messages
- 10-15 pages of copy for Annual Report (total max 5 000 words)
- Updated website copy
- The total available budget for the exercise is R20,000.00 inclusive of VAT and telephonic, travel and accommodation costs incurred by the service provider.
Duration of services
Start & Delivery Date
Start Date: 18 March 2020
Delivery Date: 31 March 2020
Available Resources and Right Access
The service provider will have access to previous Annual Reports, Annual Impact Data and any relevant reports as identified during the consultancy.
By accepting this invitation to take part in the bid process, you agree to keep in confidence all information provided to you, whether written or oral, in relation to the bid process and/or in relation to the organization’s business generally which is not already in the public domain, to use it only for the purposes of this bid and for no other reason and not to disclose any of the said information to any third party.
Applications responding to this Request for Proposals (RFP) are due, via e-mail, by 15:00 on Tuesday 17th March 2020 and should be made to email@example.com. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The application should include:
- A brief proposal including the qualifications, experience and capacity of the applicant/s;
- Details of any added value that the applicant could bring to the contract;
- Examples of previous work;
- A project work outline for achieving the deliverables under this RFP by the 31 March 2020;
- A tax clearance certificate;
- Signed confirmation that the applicant agrees to accept the terms and conditions of the contract as described in this RFP.
- A cost breakdown for the delivery of the services (please note that this work is donor funded and thus reasonableness of the cost will be a factor in selection of the successful proposal due to budget constraints).
Upon approval of the proposal, the successful service provider will be required to sign a service agreement.
Applicants who have received no response within 7 days of the closing should kindly assume that their bid was unsuccessful. CSA reserves the right not to appoint a service provider if the applicants do not meet the required standards.