The Bulungula College (BC)
The Bulungula College (BC) based in the Xhora Mouth Administrative Area, Eliotdale in the Eastern Cape is looking for a Maths and Business Studies Educator with the requisite experience to teach Grade 10-12 (Matric experience being a priority). The BC was founded in 2019 starting with Grade 10s. In 2020, the BC expanded to include Grade 11 and aims to cater for Grade 12 learners by 2021. Bulungula College endeavors to make high quality education available to our community members.
The Bulungula College is a no-fee paying Independent High School. It is governed by the philosophy of its mother organization, the Bulungula Incubator (BI) (www.bulungula.org). The BI is a rural development not-for-profit organization, based on the Wild Coast of the Eastern Cape. Our goal is to sustainably end poverty in a generation while enriching community life and enhancing community cohesiveness.
- Have a strong maths and business studies background and strong ability and love for maths and business studies.
- A commitment to working with some of the most disadvantaged learners and going the extra mile to ensure they flourish
- Have training and experience teaching Maths and Business studies in Grade 12 (at least 2 years) and a willingness to work with students in Grade 10 and 11.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with mathematics and business studies as subjects as well as a relevant education qualification (Bed or PGCE). A SACE registration certificate is also required.
- Willingness and ability to lead extra-curricular activities
- Willingness to work in school holidays, on Saturdays and provide after-school support.
- Exemplify the constitutional values of South Africa.
- Candidates who are fluent in isiXhosa will be preferred.
- Willingness to live in a remote rural village as a community member.
Please send your detailed CV with two contactable referees, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, copy of ID plus a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about this post, please contact Betty on 062 811 7893 or 087 808 4355 or 063 285 2678
The closing date for applications is 20 March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, please know that your application was not successful.