Equal Education Law Centre (EELC)
The Equal Education Law Centre (EELC) focuses on public interest litigation and advocacy to advance the right to basic education in South Africa. The Law Centre also aims to develop young, skilled attorneys and law graduates in public interest litigation. EELC is a team of activist lawyers working to advance the struggle for quality and equality in education, through legal advocacy and strategic litigation. The EELC works closely with our sister organisation, Equal Education, a movement of learners, parents, teachers and community members, working for quality and equality in South African education, through analysis and activism.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a communication and visibility strategy for the EELC
- Establish and maintain relationships with local journalists and news/media agencies.
- Manage social media platforms - Responding to comments and other interactions on social media platforms and keeping all pages up-to-date with dynamic content.
- Create content for workshop, funder and marketing materials. This includes collecting and writing stories about our impact, including photography and video-based stories;
- Contributing to the writing, editing and publishing of EELC publications including our annual report newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, PowerPoint and other materials for stakeholder engagements.
- Ensure materials are translated into relevant languages to suit intended audience
- Degree in a related field (e.g. communications, marketing, etc.)
- 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, knowledge of multiple official languages an advantage
- Familiarity with design and photography principles, ideally with experience using software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Highly organized: ability to multitask, manage multiple deliverables/timelines and ensure all deadlines are met
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Experience using social media and outreach tools including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic public interest law organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker not afraid to try something new and inspire others
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
The EELC conducts its recruitment with a commitment to transformation in the legal sector.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Media and Comms Officer“.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications must include:
- A motivation letter and full curriculum vitae
- Contact details of two references
For more about the Equal Education Law Centre, refer to www.eelawcentre.org.za