The Restitution Foundation began around 20 years ago to mobilise and motivate individuals to embark on journeys of restitution that tackle race-based privilege and result in a just and hopeful society. During this time, they have tried many strategies under the leadership of a gifted and creative director who has now moved on to a new challenge. After a re-envisioning process they are, for the next five years, focussing our effort on two constituencies: young people and business people in order to build a restitution movement. Doing more with less, they are committed to experiential education, action- oriented dialogue, and empowering support aimed at achieving a just and inclusive country.
The Restitution Foundation seeks to appoint a Mobiliser-in-Chief to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to find an independent, driven and passionate young person to shape and lead experiential learning, action-riented dialogue, and empowering support projects that guide young people and business professionals to be part of social restitution in South Africa.
- Gather together the right people and resources (including financial support) to achieve the Foundation’s aims,
- Design strategic activities and processes to help us meet our target audience,
- Communicate effectively in order to ensure support for the movement and increase its impact in our country.
What they offer:
- Subject matter experts as board members
- A plethora of resources to draw on and the freedom to design new materials
- A network of incredible people and partners to cultivate and inspire
- A salary based on your qualifications and experience within the NGO environment and with encouragement to study further, reflect and take occasional sabbaticals.
- Flexible working hours and office space in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town
Please send a 2 page letter of motivation, a current CV and a 2 minute cell phone video that shows or tells us about your experience of mobilising people.
Please send applications via email to email@example.com (our website is currently down hence this address).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview shortly thereafter. You will be asked to make a 10 minute presentation that sketches your vision for this job and what you will do in the first 200 days on the job in order to make it happen.
- Do you have a deep, nuanced view about restitution: what it is, and how it can be achieved in South Africa?
- Can you show us evidence of strategic thinking, action and taking people along with you in a quest for justice?
- Are you able to connect with, persuade and inspire young people, young professionals and corporate executives?
- Can you mobilise these people to take unified action and build a restitution movement together?
- Are you able to recruit, manage and enable partners and volunteers?
- Do you have razor sharp writing, administrative, communication and digital skills?
- Are you un-phased about working alone, and not earning a fortune, while being driven by a cause?
- Are you mobile, with your own transport and driver’s license?
- Are you purpose-driven, able to do deep work while also practicing self-care?
- Are you committed and do you have the ability, passion, qualifications (a degree at a minimum) and experience to contribute to change in our country?
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies