Ilitha Labantu is a social service and educational organization with a specific focus on addressing violence against women and children and supporting those affected by it. This is accomplished through individual and family counseling, workshops, skills training and empowerment, and acting as a trusted advisor in government and community processes. The client base is particularly focused amongst women living in townships and rural areas of South Africa.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Managing a project or program, preferably in social services, Experience working in programs focused on domestic violence and abuse, women's development, or related field preferred.
- Assessing program needs, Experience with program reporting
- Ability to maintain reporting systems and monitor program goals
- Excellent follow-up skills and analytical thinking
- Be able to develop working materials
- High initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, Ability to prioritize and multitask, Ability to complete tasks in a professional timely manner, Good verbal communication and presentation skills, Efficient planning and organization skills
- Creative approach to finding solutions
- Report writing skills
- To provide, but not limited to, a full range of statutory services, liaison and interaction with various stakeholders, community work and residential care to our shelter.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions
- At least four years’ experience working in NGO sector
- Fluent in Xhosa and English
- Strong inter-personal skills to liaise with senior management and donors
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Above average experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A strong sense of responsibility and urgency and the ability to deliver regularly on time
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to communicate clearly with challenging personalities and manage difficult situations in a sensitive and discrete way.
- Ability to work effectively in a team is essential
- Strong human resource management skills
- Passionate about working in and for the community
- Willingness to travel
- Drivers licence and own vehicle is essential
Please submit letter of application, CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to email@example.com by 11 March 2020.
For more about Ilitha Labantu refer to: www.ilithalabantu.org.za