Children of South Africa (CHOSA)
Children of South Africa's (CHOSA) mission is to identify and support communities and community based organisations (CBOs) that reach out and take care of orphans and other vulnerable children in South Africa.
CHOSA seeks to appoint 3 new board members to be based in Cape Town.
Opportunity type: Volunteer
- Experience with children, youths and women issues,
- A background in education and skills development,
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) working within a flat organizational structure and a consensus-based decision-making body
- S/he holds expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Conflict Mediation
- Organisational development,
- Community development,
- Financial management,
- Monitoring and Evaluation,
- SARS, legal aspects, advocacy and representation and related.
- Provide strategic direction to the organisation.
- Mobilise support and fundraise for the organisation.
- Provide support to on-ground staff when the need for a “third party” arises
- Meet between 4-6 times per year for 2 hour digital meetings.
- First-hand accountability
- Unrestricted Funding
If you are interested in making your expertise available to serve the community on a volunteer basis, please submit a CV with at least 3 contactable references to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Do you want to contribute to improving the lives of children in South Africa? Help CHOSA empower local individuals to create localised solutions to the needs of children in their
communities by providing support and board level guidance to CHOSA.
For more about CHOSA, refer to www.chosa.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies