For 30 years, the International Youth Foundation (IYF) has coordinated and sustained actions that harness the talent and potential of the world’s young people. At the heart of our efforts is building partnerships, initiatives, and curricula that prepare young people to succeed as citizens and employees.
In South Africa, IYF partners to strengthen education and training systems including public TVET colleges and employer-led learnerships for unemployed youth so that they better equip young people to access and expand economic opportunity. We work with national government and TVET leaders to align courses with industry needs; we equip employers to deliver more impactful life skills training within their learnerships; and we create mutually beneficial partnerships between industry and education systems that improve young people’s lives while also delivering measurable business benefits.
IYF’s work in South Africa is always exciting, ever-evolving, and informed by the needs of key stakeholders: the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET), national industry groups, individual employers, and young people. It is not without challenges, but the payoff is worth it. Our programming is supported by a growing number of government, corporate, and foundation donors, including the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Embassy of Ireland, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), De Beers, and PepsiCo Foundation.
International Youth Foundation (IYF) seeks to fill the following vacancy:
The Administrative Assistant will provide support to all IYF programming in South Africa. The Assistant will ensure all administrative activities of the office are fulfilled, to enable programme staff to implement projects efficiently and effectively.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating all matters related to office operations and administration, to ensure an effective and efficient work environment.
- Providing ongoing operational and logistical support, including secretarial support, to the office.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings and assisting in the planning and logistics of technical workshops, offsite meetings, and stakeholder events (interfacing with vendors, printers, consultants, and others as necessary).
- Coordinating travel itineraries, airfare ticketing, hotel reservations and other travel logistics for staff, visitors and consultants.
- Keeping track of office supply stocks and assisting in ordering new supplies and other office needs.
- Assisting with office space and equipment maintenance and repairs, as needed.
- Maintaining updated staff directory and office calendars.
- Creating, updating and maintaining a filing system for project reports, briefs, brochures and other project related documents for quick reference and easy accessibility.
- Assisting in logistics and procurement needs by preparing procurement plans, creating a vendor database, initiating procurement processes, and following up on vendor payments.
The Administrative Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- A Diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent standard of education in relevant field (business administration, procurement, supply chain, commerce etc.).
- 1-3 years of related practical experience in office administration.
- Oral and written fluency in English a must. Proficiency in least one additional South African language an advantage.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn and adapt in new environments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organising skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 06th March 2020 to email@example.com