Field Band Foundation (FBF)
Contact Name: Nicolette du Plessis
Contact Email: Nickydup@fieldband.org.za
More Information: Field Band Foundation PLUS: RFP for External Evaluation Consultant
Project Overview: The Field Band Foundation (FBF) is seeking an external evaluation consultant for a project entitled “Field Band Foundation PLUS”. The project goal is to leverage structures and processes in FBF bands to promote social inclusion as a basic human right, combatting social attitudes that fuel intolerance of difference and discrimination with respect to gender, sexual orientation and disabilities. The FBF aims to sufficiently capacitate young leaders to contribute to building socially inclusive environments through a combination of innovative education and advocacy interventions about social inclusion awareness, with a strong monitoring and evaluation component in order to produce results-based evidence.
Purpose and objectives of the review: The Grant Agreement between the Norwegian MFA via RNE and the FBF stipulates that an external party conduct a midterm review focusing on programme progress due at the end of grant year 2, by 31 July 2020. This review is crucial in ensuring continuous learning and accountability within the parameters of the FBF PLUS programme.
1. Objectives of the review are:
- To examine the degree to which the programme outputs and outcomes have been met and identify any challenges and problems that might have been experienced.
- To draw conclusions from the above and make recommendations for the successful completion of the FBF PLUS programme.
- Evaluation questions:
- To what degree have the agreed upon FBF PLUS programme outputs and outcomes been met at the selected review sites throughout the implementation period at the time of the review period?
- What are the challenges that have been experienced in the FBF PLUS programme implementation at the selected review sites throughout the implementation period at the time of the review period?
- What conclusions and recommendations can be made from the above to guide the successful completion of the FBF PLUS programme to be applied to the remainder of the programme implementation period?
Scope of work: This review will be a midterm assessment of the implementation of the FBF PLUS programme covering the period 1 July 2018– 31 December 2019.
The review should include, however is not limited to, the following:
- Actual results of the programme compared to those anticipated in the project proposal
- The strategies and design of the programme
- The administration and management of the programme; and
- How cross- cutting issues such as social inclusion, gender and environmental issues have been addressed
These findings will draw general conclusions and make recommendations for the successful completion of the FBF PLUS programme. All recommendations should be in line with the Grant Agreement and updated Goal Hierarchy of the contract.
Submission of Bids: RFP responses must be sent to Nicolette du Plessis, email@example.com by 17:00 GMT+2 on the 13 March 2020. Any questions about the RFP can be sent to the same email above. Proposals must include:
- Application form
- Evaluator qualifications including CVs (Key Experts)
- Line Item budget including total proposed budget amount
- Financial Identification
- Legal Entity form
The FBF will acknowledge receipt of all proposals within three business days and communicate with all bidders about the status of their proposal (if they are selected or not selected) within a week of the submission deadline.