Funda Wande is an influential not for profit program founded by the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Endowment and donor partners. Working closely with government it aims to ensure that all children in South Africa can read for meaning (Literacy) and calculate with confidence (Math’s) in their home-language by the age of 10. We develop video and print materials in all official South African languages to train teachers how to teach reading for meaning and math’s in Grades R-3 in those languages.
Working closely with the Head of Maths you will be responsible for the development of high-quality maths teaching materials and supporting the provincial teams to successfully implement the Bala Wande programme. This will include:
- Contributing to all elements of the content development and learning design of the Bala Wande material for Foundation Phase teachers and learners
- Planning and delivery of FP content and methodology sessions for teachers.
- Assisting with the planning and management of Bala Wande implementation in the Eastern Cape.
- Training (and development of training) of the Maths Specialists to support the generalist coaches who observe and support the Maths programme in the participating schools.
The successful candidate will have attention to detail, be a strong team player and display excellent facilitation skills.
- Masters degree in Maths Education
- Deep knowledge of the Foundation Phase mathematics curriculum.
- At least five years’ experience in training of Foundation Phase math’s methodology.
- Writing (Foundation Phase Math’s lesson activities and learner material)
Location: Johannesburg with frequent travel to the Eastern Cape
Contract: Two Years with the possibility of renewal
To apply for the position please upload your CV and a 1-page motivation letter as 1 document to Career Portal
If you have not heard back from us by the 13th of March, please consider your application unsuccessful.