Reports to - Training and Capacity Development Manager
Location - Centurion, South Africa
Closing date - 17 February 2020
The Provincial Coordinator will be responsible at provincial level for providing expertise in developing training materials, Capacity Development and training courses, including work integrated learning, field training and mentoring, for the HRH CHW Project in consultation with the Training and Capacity Development Manager and the Training and Development Coordinator. The Provincial Coordinator will work with the Capacity Development Manager and Coordinator to implement a range of capacity development interventions to strengthen skills of Master Trainers, Outreach Team Leaders and Community Health Workers.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Review and adapt existing training curriculum and materials to enhance on key training topics to suit context and aligned to Community Health Worker Scope of Work.
- Training of Facilitators/Trainers and mentoring in assessment facilitation and training.
- Provide technical advice, supportive supervision, mentoring and effective monitoring and evaluation related to the design and organization of the training and capacity development events.
- Provide effective coordination for all training and capacity development activities, including best practices and knowledge management.
- Facilitate development of the lessons learned, best practices and knowledge management relevant for the capacity development and training activities.
- Support and Coordinate the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning of Capacity Building Activities
- Support the implementation of the performance-based strategy
- Support the development monitoring and evaluation plan, tools and reports to evaluate the success of each training session
- Through monitoring the capacity development events ensure quality, timely completion and impact of the training sessions.
- Draft and submit 2 weekly progress reports.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Education or any other degree/ diploma related to Training and Capacity Development and Community Development.
- Demonstrated experience in train the trainer/facilitator, curriculum development, and other training capacities within health, capacity development, and mentoring.
- Experience in learning course development based on Adult Education techniques and principles.
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum development and accreditation of learning programmes and curriculae.
- Proven track record of the application of Adult Education Principles within training capacity development initiatives.
- 5 years’ experience in development work in the non-profit sector, 2 of which are specifically in Organisational Development or capacity development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including working in a large team, giving and receiving feedback, timely communication and problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to think analytically and creatively.
- Ability to work under pressure and yet deliver effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in Power point.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
The job may require the successful candidate to travel long distances and to be accommodated in different places around the country
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application to the following link https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/492707/provincial-coordinator on or before 17 February 2020.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.