Mamas Alliance is looking for:
CSI Consultant that has commercial sales talent with a drive and a big heart for children and youth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, creative and goal-driven CSI consultant with specific experience in sales, fundraising and or CSI consulting, to join the MAMAS Alliance CSI Agency in Johannesburg. A team player that recognizes and seizes all opportunities.
MAMAS Alliance is a unique network of 33 independent leading grassroots NGOs across South Africa whose core focus is to provide care, support and guidance to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children and youth of South Africa, helping each of them to reach their full potential. Therefore, the candidate should be passionate about the social sector and share in the values of MAMAS Alliance. The candidate should be passionate about creating lasting developmental change in communities where MAMAS Alliance NGOs are active and should have a strong belief in fair and equal opportunity for all.
MAMAS Alliance is the only CSI Agency in South Africa of this kind: it is the Alliance’s centralised national enterprise that professionally links business to its NGOs through their Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programs; assisting businesses to get maximum benefits of CSI and enabling NGOs to create more impact by reaching out to more children in need. A win-win situation, and at no cost to the funder or NGO. The desired candidate will be part of a small, dedicated team of professionals that performs this function on a daily full-time basis from our office in Edenvale. He/she will be involved in identifying new businesses, building relationships, developing CSI-packages, fostering and maintaining the created and existing partnerships with business. He/she will also be in constant liaison with the NGOs.
- Bachelors degree, post-graduate qualification required
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales or fundraising with a proven track record
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to communicate professionally, creatively, flexibly and respectfully with clients: both in the corporate sector (on all levels), and in the NGO sector
- Ability to build and maintain professional donor relationships
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills
- Demonstrable affinity with community development and / or the NGO sector
- Valid driver’s licence with own vehicle
- Proficient in working with MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
- Proficient with CRM systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time management
- Flexible and willing to travel to local and national NGO sites
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Passionate, enthusiastic and energetic
- Research and identify local businesses, trusts and foundations that can be targeted as part of the fundraising strategy
- Organise and attend regular meetings with potential donors
- Pro-actively building new corporate client relationships and maintain existing relationships
- Find and develop new marketing and sales ideas, jointly with the team
- Management of donor information on CRM system
- Weekly reporting to Managing Director
- Meeting set targets
- Facilitate all grant and proposal applications to donors on behalf of the NGOs
- Ensure all proposals are relevant, accurate and submitted timeously
- General office administration
- Proposal and report writing and review
- Relationship management with NGOs in the Alliance
- Remuneration: Market related
- Location: Edenvale (TBA)
- Job Level: Professional
- Type: One-year contract, renewable
To apply, please send your personal motivation letter and your updated CV to email@example.com (closing date 1st March 2020. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job interviews: 9th and 10th March.
Follow-up interviews: 13th March 2020.
Should you not receive feedback before the 9th March, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A MOTIVATION LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.