Aquity Innovations NPC
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts).
AQUITY seeks to appoint TB Quality Improvement Advisor to be based in Buffalo City Metro District.
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA (Level 9, notch 6) for this position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The QI advisor will be deployed as an embedded officer in the district and in that capacity, will provide close support to the District Management Team. The QI Advisor must be able teach the basic tools of QI, facilitate QI teams leading to the development, testing and implementation of those high impact changes. The activities of the QI advisor will be overseen by the Senior Quality Improvement Advisor based in the national office who will provide additional support to coordinate the work portfolio, adapt the implementation design as needed, analyze the impact of changes tested and help to spread best practices across the districts.
Primary responsibilities of the QI Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Building capability: data trainings and quarterly learning sessions
- QI Coaching and Mentoring
- Analysis and Data Review
- Administration & documentation of learning sessions
- Nursing degree or any related Public Health degree required, (master's degree or higher degree preferred);
- Experience working in health and social care settings is highly desirable but not essential;
- Experience in TB management is highly desirable;
- Experience working with quality improvement teams;
- Experience teaching the SOI concepts, methods and tools
- Teams and management groups;
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 12th February 2020.