Directorate/Cluster: Finance and Operations
Position: Accountant-Financial Planning and Reporting unit
Location: Johannesburg or Nairobi
Duration: Fixed Term – 6 months
We are looking for a competent and motivated individual to support the Financial Planning and Reporting unit in the delivery of strategic and timely business insights by supporting in the preparation of financial performance reports promptly and accurately. In addition, assist in reconciliations, data analysis and consolidation of reports to ensure correctness and completeness.
Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare and review monthly transactions listing for Grants for completeness and assurance, and post required adjustments;
- Prepare and share Intercompany accounts with funding affiliates and resolve any queries;
- Process and extract countries monthly detailed Income reports and summary reserve reports;
- Conduct analysis of implementing countries reserves in SUN for confirmation by B&C countries;
- Support computation of monthly Internal Grants schedule;
- Aggregation/consolidation of Notes to financials for year end 2019;
- Prepare schedules, notes for quarterly reports and audit schedules and support preparation of financials; and
- Consolidate audit deliverables from country programmes and GS in preparation for the IFRS audit.
Education, Language & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant or business-related degree with relevant experience; and
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Good analytical skills and working with large volumes of data; and
- Creating and implanting good financial practice and controls, including transaction reviews and adjustments.
- Balance sheet reconciliations and monthly checks and balances.
- Working knowledge of Sun 6.3 version and associated reporting tools.
If you are interested and meet the criteria, please follow the link to submit your application https://actionaidinternational.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=5 by the 10th February 2020.