NACOSA seeks the services of an organization or institution to implement a pilot Economic Strengthening Livelihoods Programme focusing on the adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) who participate in the AGYW programme in three sub-districts of Tshwane (Urban); Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan (Peri-Urban) and Ehlanzeni (Rural), for a period of two years (01 April 2020 to 31 March 2022).
Successful organisations should have:
- Technical knowledge and staff that fully understands the targeted population & AGYW programme and Livelihoods Approaches for young women
- Be able to strengthen linkages for AGYWs to Skills Training opportunities and programmes
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with local organisations
- Knowledge about and ability to communicate and network with relevant district stakeholders and structures
- Adequate skilled and experienced staff to manage implementation of the programme areas, including procurement, monitoring and evaluation, and finance.
- Good administration and project management ability
- Legal status recognised to work in South Africa
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality programmes at a reasonable cost
- Appropriate internal control systems, including policies and procedures, to prevent and detect fraud or misuse of resources.
- An accounting system that can correctly record all transactions and balances by source of funds with clear references to budgets and work plans.
- Ability to monitor actual spending in comparison to budgets and work plans and manage disbursement of funds to AGYW and suppliers in a timely, transparent and accountable manner.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate financial reports and programmatic reports
- A Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for routine monitoring of activities and tools to collect and analyse data, and report on programme performance.
How to apply
For detailed information on the programme and how to apply, go to: www.nacosa.org.za/2020/01/31/economic-strengthening-livelihoods
The deadline for submissions has been changed to the 24th of February 2020 at 12h00.