Peninsula School Feeding Association
Peninsula School Feeding Association, an established Non- profit organisation. 3 out of 4 children go to school hungry every single day. Without the right nourishment they can’t concentrate in class, battle to retain information and have terrible stomach cramps. But now you can make a difference.
Peninsula School Feeding Association seeks to appoint a Fundraising Manager to be based in Cape Town (Philippi).
Reports to: Director.
The purpose of the position is to join an efficient, motivated and professional management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for securing new key funders including corporates, foundations, international funding organisations and individual donors. The position requires building and maintaining long-term donor relationships from initial research, contact, proposal writing to follow-ups and reporting.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (such as management, marketing, public relations or communication)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a fundraiser
- Track record of successful fundraising
- The ability to formulate a fundraising strategy and prepare fundraising proposals
- Expertise in financial management and budgeting
- Experience in conceptualising and implementing fundraising initiatives
- The ability to manage people and to lead our Association’s fundraising
- An in-depth understanding of the funding environment in South Africa including corporate social investment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
- The ability to network and source potential funding opportunities
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of digital and social media for fund-raising purposes
- Time management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of the non-profit sector
- Passionate about the Peninsula School Feeding Association’s cause
- The desire and ability to work as part of a team, whilst also be able to manage the fundraising portfolio independently
- Marketing, PR and event management experience would be advantageous
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle
A detailed job description will be made available to those applicants interviewed.
The remuneration package is competitive.
To apply, please submit your Curriculum Vitae with 3 contactable references as well as a covering letter motivating your suitability for this position to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is on 28 February 2020. If you do not hear back from us, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Peninsula School Feeding Association, refer to https://www.psfa.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies