DreamWorker is a nonprofit, social development organisation dedicated to helping unemployed people in the lower end of the economic sector find work. DreamWorker organisation works within the Tertiary Education space running programmes that compliment and support the institutions by placing students into In-service training and learnerships for work based experience. Their role is to facilitate and help manage the full process of sourcing and linking students into work opportunities.
DreamWorker seeks to appoint a Marketing & Communications Assistant to be based in East London.
The purpose of this position is to find a dynamic and energetic person to join their team to grow the marketing function as well as build the membership registration and activity functionality on the internet portal.
- Support the Project manager in developing a marketing strategy
- Develop strategies to build membership on the digital platform
- Drive and encourage member activity on the site
- Co-ordinate communications and marketing channels for the site
- Conduct workshops to draw members onto the site
- Work closely with our team to create membership out of the TVET colleges and university spaces
- Build relationships with the business, government and private sector stakeholder groups
- Develop and execute a social media marketing to market content & information
- Be a tenacious marketer and cyber-hustler to build the brand across the region
- Core skills:
- An appropriate formal education with strong leadership ability
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in marketing,
- Communications and digital platform environments
- Working within a professional organisation where targets and reporting are a key requirement
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in office software such as MS Office & Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong administrative skill-set coupled with excellent time management
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to cope with a variety of tasks daily
- Very strong communications ability with a capability to produce reports and write key documents for management
- Own transport is required
- Strong command of English both written and verbal with at least one other South African language.
To apply, submit a Motivational Letter and CV, with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about DreamWorker, refer to dreamworker.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies