Good Work Foundation (GWF)
GWF requires the servicees of a Human Resource Manager to be based in Hazyview, Mpumalanga
Good Work Foundation is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Manager based in Hazyview, Mpumalanga, with significant travel across GWF offices in South Africa.
A. JOB SUMMARY
GWF Summary from Development:
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Programmes – and a member of the Senior Management Team – the overall purpose of the position is to contribute to the attainment of the overall strategic business and objectives through effective leadership and management of the HR function in GWF.
The role will support the Head of Programmes & Operations by leading the HR function, developing HR Services from an operational and strategic perspective. The incumbent will co-ordinate HR operations in GWF, ensuring that the HR function is aligned to GWF business and deliver sound and cost-effective people management practices through continuous improvement and prioritization. The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to the Senior Management Team, Executive Committee, People Managers, and all staff on HR policies, systems procedures and best practices.
B. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Staff Development and Performance Management:
- Carries out periodic organizational, job and individual training and development needs analysis;
- Identifies suitable courses to meet the training and development needs of the staff and organization and follow-up plans to see them through;
- Organizes in-house training and development programmes in accordance with needs identified and evaluates outcome of the training undertaken;
- Administers career management and succession planning systems to meet Human resources plan needs;
- Establishes and regularly reviews standard and generic job descriptions for all positions and ensures all posts have up to date job descriptions and employees holding the posts are given copies of the same;
- Ensures that appropriate format for performance appraisal is in place and all staff have understanding of GWF’s Performance appraisal system;
- Monitor implementation of performance appraisal systems;
- Advises line managers and the Head of Programmes and Operations on personnel management issues.
2. Systems and Policies Development and Implementation;
Ensure GWF’s HR strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines are implemented and regularly updated based on GWF’s procedures and ensures compliance with best practices and standard local laws;
- Reviews and recommends principles on how to motivate, attract and retain staff and promote gender diversity;
- Plans the human resource, manages recruitment and selection and ensures safety wellness of GWF staff;
- Ensures new jobs are graded appropriately
- Develops and administer reward management and remuneration systems;
- Ensures flawless implementation and utilization for the HR system
- Ensures that all staff are kept informed of policies and procedure and of any changes;
- Handles employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to GWF’s policies and procedures and consult with the Head of Programme and Campus Operations, legal advisor on staff legal cases.
- Ensures consistent and uniform implementation of the HR policy and procedures throughout the organization.
3. Entry Management:
- Works with Managers and Supervisors to forecast HR need and completes overall HR staff planning for the organization.
- Ensures the recruitment of new staff as required by the HR staff plan
- Support Interviews and selects staff with inputs from other key management staff.
- Ensures sound on- boarding of staff to the organization
- Support and monitors the processing and entry of employee source data and documentation into the human resources information system and the manual personnel files, develops and implements policies and systems to ensure the highest standard of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in personnel records management;
4. Planning, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Plans, budgets and carry out training and development programs for effective utilization of human resources;
- Prepares periodic reports on HR management and training activities and submits to the Head of Programme and Operations.
5. Exit Management:
- Ensures that all staff fill out an exit interview form when they leave service of GWF;
- Ensures that all Personnel Policy requirements are fulfilled when staffs leave GWF;
- Ensures that clearance form is completed;
- Presents exit interview summary, analysis and recommendations to the Head of Programme and Operations for information and further action.
6. Staff Management:
- Supervises, leads guides and supports the HR Administrator.
- Orients, trains, and coaches staff. Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as staff recognition and other salary adjustments, promotions, transfers, terminations, and disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans;
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals of staff under the HR office.
- Support Line Management.
- Keeps up to date with developments in the HR, including best practice examples in the country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Ensures the communication of HR policies and procedures within the organization, partners and other stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Work with the HR Assistant and the Finance Department to Manage Payroll and Leave administration.
- Sign correspondences regarding human resources and management matters where required.
- Review and Payrolls
- Direct Supervision:
- HR Administrator Manager:
- Guidance / Support to Cluster Heads, Line Management.
- HR Administrator Manager:
Education and experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management / Organisational Behaviour / or related field.
- Three years proven experience in a HR senior position, including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc.)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to Hr@goodworkfoundation.org by 28 February 2020 quoting the job title “Advert: Human Resources Manager” as the subject line. All applications must be accompanied by a CV with daytime telephone contacts and contact details of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS SUBJECT TO THE BELOW:
- Applicants must have the right to legally work in South Africa
- The employer reserves the right to vary the specifications of the advertised position
- The employer reserves the right not to make an appointment