Good Work Foundation (GWF)
Good Work Foundation, Hazyview, Mpumalanga has the following vacancy:
Open Learning Academy Programme Manager: Group
Good Work Foundation (GWF), an award-winning South African non-profit organisation, launches digital learning campuses in the heart of rural African communities that support innovative learning that is inspired by a digital future. One of our two core programmes is the Open Learning Academy (winner of multiple ‘Reimagine Education’ awards in 2016 and 2017), which partners with rural primary schools, allowing them to outsource digital, English and mathematics literacy to the digital learning campus.
Purpose of the role :Delivering effective and exciting management of GWF’s Open Learning Academy programme development across the group.
Reports to :GWF Head of Programmes and Campus Operations (HOPCO)
Level :Member of the Management Team
Application closing :February 28, 2020
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OPEN LEARNING ACADEMY PROGRAMME MANAGER: GROUP
Development, Coordination and Supervision - Overall responsibility for academic management of the Open Learning Academy (OLA) programme across all campuses (group level), ensuring consistently high quality of teaching and facilitating.
- Ensure that the curriculum and technical content of the OLA programme are developed, meet the GWF excellent standard and are continuously improved.
- Work with relevant internal parties to ensure that the Safety, Health and Environment- Occupational Health and Safety standards as it affects the OLA programme are in place as well as compliant with legislative requirements.
- Engage with other relevant team members in continuous Research and Development, ensuring innovation and creativity are embedded in the OLA Programme.
- Strategic Input - Assist in the development of strategic plans for programme activity. On an invitational basis, attend GWF EXCO meetingsHuman Resources - Responsible for the training of programme staff, teachers, facilitators and coordinators to ensure consistency and high quality of programme delivery across all campuses
- Relationship Management – In conjunction with the School Liaison Manager, manage and create relationships with schools; relevant regional and provincial Department of Education; National DBE; Education Publishers; South African Council for Educators (SACE); relevant non-governmental organisations.
- Work with other relevant Programme Managers, Heads of Clusters, Campus Managers and OLA coordinators to ensure continuous improvements in the OLA programme design and delivery
- Volunteers Management - Interface with volunteers and experts, when applicable, to ensure that they are adding strategic value to the programme
- Ambassador - Represent the programme on behalf of the Head of Programmes & Campus Operations (HOPCO) when required and be a brand Ambassador to external stakeholders
- Financial - Preparation and reporting on relevant aspect of programme budget as well as manage programme expenditure
- Monitoring and Evaluation - Periodic reporting on programme activities, progress, challenges and way forward of programme at a strategic and group level
- A postgraduate university degree in in the field of education (B Ed or M Ed or equivalent degree preferred)
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a similar role or have managed programmes that rapidly evolved to push the boundary on education
- Rural community or non-profit experience preferable (not compulsory)
SKILLS & BEHAVIOUR:
- Very high emotional intelligence, IQ, cultural sensitivity
- Innovative, creative, problem solver, patient, confident and resilient
- Eager to be part of and guiding a team in programme development relevant to the world of education in South Africa and especially in the rural context
- Have an understanding and desire to learn and be part of the rural context in which GWF works
- Committed to and passionate about education in South Africa
- Experience in training of trainers
- Servant leader
- Great energy- team player and leader
GWF offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
GWF Head Office, Hazyview, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa.
To apply please send your full CV together with a letter of motivation, including your salary expectations, to email@example.com, REF: Open Learning Academy Programme Manager: Group.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the close of the advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS SUBJECT TO THE BELOW:
- Applicants must have the right to legally work in South Africa
- The employer reserves the right to vary the specifications of the advertised position
- The employer reserves the right not to make an appointment