Are you a mother, with an entrepreneurial spirit, seeking to earn additional income whilst positively impacting the lives of South Africa’s mothers & children? Then this opportunity is just for you! Flourish, a national social franchise network that provides affordable antenatal and postnatal classes across South Africa is looking to expand its impact and is recruiting for additional franchisees.
Flourish is a national social franchise, supported by the Grow Great Campaign, a campaign committed to helping babies and young children grow to their full potential. The first 1000 days of life (from conception to a child’s second birthday) play a vital role in shaping a child’s future. Children who receive enough love, food and stimulation during this period of life tend to do better at school and get better jobs as a result. But often parents do not get enough support and information when they are pregnant or when the baby is very young. Flourish seeks to fill this gap by offering antenatal and postnatal support through community based classes.
As a Flourish Franchisee you will be supported with the following:
- Free training and licensing at our residential school.
- Free marketing support.
- Free dedicated coach.
- Free starter-pack of materials .
- There is no licensing fee.
This is a business opportunity and income is made through paying moms who pay to attend the antenatal and postnatal classes.
In 2020, we aim to increase the number of moms and babies across the country who attend the antenatal and postnatal classes, and are looking for franchisees who currently live or work in the following areas: Gauteng, City of Cape Town and Worcester (Western Cape), Great Giyani & Letaba Local Municipalities (Mopani District in Limpopo); Nkomazi (Mpumalanga).
Minimum requirement for franchisees?
- As a franchisee you will have to host a minimum of 2 antenatal classes per week in your neighbourhood for 90 min. Each class can not have more than 10 pregnant women at a time.
- You will also host a minimum of 2 postnatal classes per week of 90min each. Each class cannot have more than 10 moms at a time.
What skills and qualities you will need:
- A mother
- You are entrepreneurial and would like to start your own business.
- Strong interpersonal skills, being relatable and non-judgemental
- Good problem-solving skills
- Living and working in of the communities listed above
- Fluent in English and at least 1 local language
- Basic computer skills (email, internet browsing, social media)
- Basic administration skills (filling and reporting)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us a 3 minutes video with your name and contact details on why you want to be a franchisee, where you will run your classes and how you plan to recruit the pregnant mothers and secure venues. Send to email@example.com or whatsapp 083 823 8634. The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 9th of February 2020.