I-TECH South Africa
Position reference : ME001
Supervisor : Director of Strategic Information
Department : Programs (Strategic Programs)
Locations : Pretoria
Directly Supervises : 3 Data Capturers
Position Duration : Fixed Term Contract (March 2020 – 30 September 2020)
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a United States of America federally-funded program which supports the development of HIV/AIDS care and treatment training initiatives in 25 developing countries acutely impacted by the global AIDS epidemic. I-TECH is an initiative of the University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Public Health & Community Medicine. Its Central Office is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and it currently supports over ten international offices, including one in Pretoria, South Africa.
I-TECH South Africa Goal:
I-TECH South Africa’s goal is to support the South African government in strengthening national health systems to ensure delivery of high quality, sustainable health care services.
Commitment to Diversity:
I-TECH recognises that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. I-TECH South Africa encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff, faculty and students including, but not limited to, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability and age. I-TECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Brief Summary of Position:
The M&E Manager will work under the direction of I-TECH’s Director of Programs to support the implementation of I-TECH mental health initiatives leading towards organizational programme effectiveness and donor compliance.
The M&E Manager will be responsible for development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, and tools that will ensure accurate and timely information and feedback to stakeholders, and for planning and conducting of data quality assurance and monitoring activities and reports.
The incumbent will in collaboration with the Director of Programs occasionally liaise with the HQ M&E Manager in all M&E support activities that include quarterly, semi annual and annual report writing to the Donor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Supervision - 15%
- Supervise and mentor Data Capturers (3 positions)
- Lead for internal and external reporting activities
- With the Program Director to facilitate the monthly work plan reviews and updates
- Provide guidance in knowledge management working for the Mental Health project.
Programme design and development - 20%
- Provide technical oversight in developing and implementing evaluation activities
- Provide support Mental Health training staff to strengthen the monitoring and evaluation components of the programme portfolio.
Monitoring and Evaluation-40%
- In collaboration with the Mental Health team, provide management of M&E activities in the provinces
- Liaise with staff (as relevant) to ensure that lessons learned and recommendations from M&E activities are used to modify existing programmes and in the design of new activities
- Assist with the evaluation of current indicators and the identification of new ones in liaison with the HQ M&E contact person
- Monitor data collection, collation, storage, analysis and reporting ensuring that data is audit worthy.
- Maintain quality monitoring system in I-TECH to enable the generation of reports to donors and other stakeholders
- Ensure programme staff are using data collected to make informed and timely decisions related to program implementation
Capacity building and training - 5%
Support data capturers to increase their technical capacity in the area of data collection and management.
Reporting Responsibilities- 20%
- Compile data and prepare reports for submission to the Donor
- Assist with ad hoc donor requests.
Required Education, Training & Experience:
- Any relevant Diploma with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- A qualification in project management and training in M&E an added advantage
- Proven data management and health programming experience
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software and skills in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage M&E activities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse team
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review, synthesize information and produce quality reports
- Experience with evaluating and reporting on results for federally-funded projects strongly preferred.
Applicants are required to quote the relevant Position Title and reference mentioned above when submitting their applications via email to email@example.com Shortlisting shall start on the 13th of February 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to South African applicants.