I-TECH South Africa
Position reference : DC01
Number of Positions : X3
Supervisor : Program Manager
Department : Programs (MhINT)
Location : Gauteng (2 positions) and Kwa-Zulu Natal (1 position)
Position Duration : Fixed Term Contract (March 2020 – 30 September 2020)
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a United States of America federally-funded project which supports the development of HIV/AIDS care and treatment training initiatives in 25 developing countries acutely impacted by the global AIDS epidemic. I-TECH is an initiative of the University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Public Health & Community Medicine. Its Central Office is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and it currently supports over 10 international offices, including one in Pretoria, South Africa.
I-TECH South Africa Goal:
I-TECH South Africa’s goal is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of South African national HIV, sexually transmitted infections and tuberculosis response.
Commitment to Diversity:
I-TECH recognises that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. I-TECH South Africa encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff, faculty and students including, but not limited to, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability and age. I-TECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Brief Summary of Position
To provide integrated mental health programming into the Primary Health Care service delivery platform to address common mental health disorders and enhance retention in HIV care by I-TECH South Africa.
Duties of the position include:
Conduct training data collection and entry; assuring data reliability and quality assurance checks and assist the M&E Manager in compiling reports for programme management and routine reporting. The position holder will be required to perform other administrative duties needed for program compliance.
Administration (5 %)
- Provide assistance in coordinating data capturing across Mental Health-related trainings as required
- Liaise with training staff on data related issues.
Data Collection (75 %)
- Conduct data collection for all mental health-related training data for both trainings at health facilities and training venues
- Provide suggestions for improvement of the existing data collection and management system.
Technical Assistance (10 %)
- Provide assistance as and when required in data collection or verification of data quality
- Provide support in technical assistance to improve data quality
- Provide assistance in the compilation of program data, conduct basic data analysis and interpretation, as required for reporting
- Provide assistance in the preparation of results-based reports and presentations for donors and other key stakeholders.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Any Data related qualification or experience
- Data-related experience in South Africa Government and/or the PEPFAR environment will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, data entry and management
- Previous experience in providing technical assistance to improve data quality management
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work within a results-oriented team
- Willingness to travel to remote areas if required
Applicants are required to quote the relevant Position Title and reference mentioned above when submitting their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting shall start on the 13th of February 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to South African applicants.