Grants Manager: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
- Oversight of grant calls, assessment, due diligence and budgets;
- Identify and develop strategies and systems to optimise the grants administration process;
- Direct involvement in grant submissions by coordinating with grant seeking organisations’ writers or coordinators;
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organisation;
- Supervise grantee organisations to ensure proper coordination of work, which is aligned to the proposals submitted;
- Compliance with financial policies; donor reporting and statutory requirements by implementing partners;
- Analysis and reporting on budget trends;
- Monitor grantees expenditures against approved budget and programme objectives and ensure Grants Officers have completed the Cash Request Checklist for each cash request.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a postgraduate degree or specialised certification in Accounting/Commerce; or Professional qualification at level 2, e.g. CIS, CIMA;
- At least ten years of professional experience with at least three of these in an NGO environment and a proven track record of managing multiple countries and donors.
- Good knowledge and experience of Sage Pastel Evolution is non-negotiable.
Interested candidates should submit their CV’s, references, a summary of their key achievements, and letter of motivation using the online application form https://genderlinks.orangehrmlive.com/recruitmentApply/11/view online platform by close of business on Monday 10 February 2020.
For more information on GL go to www.genderlinks.org.za.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted during the week of 18 February 2020. They will involve an oral interview and a relevant finance exercise. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible, and preferably by 1 March 2020. GL reserves the right to re-advertise, should a suitable candidate not be found.