Family Health International (FHI 360)
FHI 360 is a non- profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for their Program Manager (Bridge) position that is currently vacant.
Purpose of Role
The Bridge Program Manager will be responsible to oversee and coordinate programmatic implementation of OVCY program activities by implementing partners in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal, in South Africa. The Bridge Program Manager will report to the Director – Bridge, in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) project. He/she will oversee coordination, planning, implementation and monitoring of the Bridge implementing partners to ensure their deliverables are met timeously and accurately.
He/she will be responsible for representing CDS in all relevant Provincial and District stakeholder meetings, as well as relevant OVC, District Support partner and implementing partner steering/planning meetings. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbents will be required to travel to the field from time to time to fulfil the requirements for effective implementation of CDS programmatic goals for OVC projects in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
Implementing partner oversight, communication and coordination:
- Ensure timeous and quality deliverables from implementing partners in support of OVCY Bridge program activities
- Coordinate, track and review submissions of implementing partner reports and deliverables
- Advise Director Bridge and senior leadership on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding partner implementation and target achievement
- Track work plan activities and deliverables, keeping senior leadership and CDS units updated on program progress on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Attend senior management team meetings and provide routine updates on progress, issues, challenges and remedial actions..
Target tracking and progress review:
- Provide support and technical assistance to implementing partners to ensure they achieve periodic and quarterly targets and alignment to the Bridge Model
- Track, analyse and manage periodic target achievements and evidence-based curricula rollout on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Consolidate, analyse and share implementing partner progress on routine trackers
- Ensure appropriate implementation, documentation, tracking and reporting of routine 95-95-95 deliverables and outcome measurements by implementing partners
- Work with the MER unit to review, evaluate and strengthen implementing partners’ utilization and standardization of OVCY case management systems and efficient data management processes
- Routinely track, review and report on completeness of beneficiary folders, quality assurance and data validation procedures
- Track and provide technical assistance to implementing partners to ensure all evidence-based curricula are implemented timeously, sufficiently and to acceptable, high standards.
Coordinate implementing partner support:
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g. trackers, work plans, agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
- Coordinate capacity building, technical assistance and other support for implementing partners
- Support all implementing partners to receive optimal and rapid technical assistance and guidance to implement high quality programs and achieve routine target expectations
- Coordinate implementing partner on-site support and technical assistance to review progress, learn best-practices, identify issues, challenges and strengthen program tracking and deliverables
- Coordinate and manage partner assessments, meetings and planning for CDS activities
- Document challenges, best practices and success stories in the implementation of OVCY program activities
- Administer client satisfaction survey on regular basis
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports
- Supervise, manage, mentor and track performance of direct reports to implement program expectations of the Bridge Project.
- Participate, engage and report on OVCY, stakeholder and partner coordination task teams, meetings and workshops
- Ensure smooth implementation and coordination with district and sub-districts and build partnerships with government stakeholders and developmental partners in the provinces
- Represent the Bridge Director at provincial, district and sub-district partners meetings and provide program progress reports
- Facilitate and maintain collaborative relationships among all implementing partners.
- Provide additional duties as required.
- Degree in social work or health-related field
- Ideally an experienced social scientist and/or extensive experience in OVCY HIV related projects
- At least 8 years’ experience and knowledge in HIV/AIDS issues and program coordination in community and health sector environments
- Proven experience in OVCY PEPFAR funded environment
- Proven experience in the management and capacity development of implementing partners
- Excellent report writing, presentation and administrative skills
- Excellent time management and client coordination skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IT skills (Email, Internet, Word, etc.)
- Fluency in English, additional local languages an asset
- Valid driver’s licence
This job advert summarizes the main duties and requirements of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Eligibility: Successful candidates must be in possession of citizenship, permanent residence or current valid work authorization to work in South Africa. Interested candidates may visit our recruitment website on http://www.fhi360.org/careers, to view the full Job Specification and submit their resume together with a motivational cover letter indicating the position for which they are applying.
How to apply: Online applications only. Use Job ID: 2019202027 to locate the position.