Family Health International (FHI 360)
FHI 360 is a non- profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for their Clinical Manager (OVCY) position that is currently vacant.
- Establishing relationships with facilities and District support partners (DSP) in the districts and facilitate collaboration.
- Advocate for the value addition that OVCY programs has for facilities, DSPs and other stakeholders in reaching the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals
- Actively track the performance of CDS partners in the OVC_HIVSTAT ensuring that beneficiaries access testing services, treatment and are retained in care
- Coordinating the recruitment and provision of appropriate services to Children Living with HIV (30%) of OVC beneficiaries through access to beneficiary information at facilities (Tier.net, patient folders, ART registers etc.)
- Ensure that 30% CLHIV in OVCY programs receive comprehensive services (clinical and non-clinical) through coordination of facility and community services
- Work with OVCY partners and Clinical liaison Officers to collect and report data in response to UNAIDS 95-95-95 strategy, this includes (HIV status, yearly viral load monitoring, CD4 counts etc.)
- Support OVCY partners to cascade disclosure training and ensure improved caregiver- child disclosure and support for CHLIV
- Facilitate the implementation Vhutshilo 3 for HIV positive youth
- Work with facilities and community partners to trace treatment defaulters/LTFU and re-link them to care and treatment
- Collate and report data on beneficiary recruitment (daily, weekly, monthly or as required)
- Represent FHI 360 in meetings at facility, sub-district and district level and provide information on the objectives and role/value add of OVCY programs to relevant stakeholders
- Provide regular updates to the funder on CDS’s contribution on the 95-95-95 goals (Written reports, PowerPoint presentation)
- Participate in reviewing of program data quality in collaboration with OVCY partners
- Ensure quality control measures including safe and confidential record keeping for all activities
- Contribute to key program reporting deliverables, including, monthly, quarterly and annual report as required;
- Lead the development of the documentation of program outcomes, scientific papers, abstracts etc
- Manage Clinical liaison officers based in the districts to contribute to success of partner programs
- Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (SIMS) activities, Routine Data Quality Assessments; Program Review and performance monitoring for OVCY programs
- Carry out all other duties as may be designated by the supervisor.
- A Medical Doctor registered with HPCSA and has NGO experience
- A master’s in public health will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years’ experience in a clinic / primary health care setting. HIV experience is essential;
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Familiarity with the facility settings and or experience working as operations manager or other at a local clinic
- Experience working within a diverse team and managing staff
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good computer skills including Ms word, excel and power point
- Willingness to travel to provinces where implementation takes place
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
This job advert summarizes the main duties and requirements of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Eligibility: Successful candidates must be in possession of citizenship, permanent residence or current valid work authorization to work in South Africa. Interested candidates may visit our recruitment website on http://www.fhi360.org/careers, to view the full Job Specification and submit their resume together with a motivational cover letter indicating the position for which they are applying.
How to apply: Online applications only. Use Job ID: 2019202025 to locate the position.