Regional Coordinator Johannesburg and surrounds:
Cipla Foundation’s Sha’P Left Project has been funded to support National the Department of Health in establishing Central Chronic Medication Dispensing and Distribution (CCMDD) pick-up points (PUPs). These units enable stable patients to easily access, and conveniently collect their chronic medication outside of a clinic facility.
The Sha’P Left Project is looking to employ a Regional Coordinator in Johannesburg and surrounds on a fixed term contract. This position will report to the Gauteng Regional Manager. With the aim of increasing the number of patients / clients collecting Patient Medicine Parcels (PMP’s) from Sha’P Left PUPs, the Regional Coordinator will be responsible for driving the decanting of patients to PUPs, supporting CCMDD activities within DOH facilities, and providing overall management and support to PUP Operators.
Responsibilities are to:
- Engage with CCMDD and decanting related staff in DOH facilities and amongst PEPFAR implementing partners
- Attend and represent the project at the facility / clinic committee meetings
- Engage with DOH Facility Managers to promote their ownership of the decanting and clinic decongestion activities
- Support and drive DOH Decanting Mentors and Coordinators to educate clients on CCMDD
- Support and drive facility coordinators and clinicians to identify eligible clients for decanting
- Support PUP Operators through onsite mentorship and telephonic support as required
- Support PUP Operators with technical, and or, data capturing issues as required
- Manage PUP Operator HR issues e.g. Leave applications, staff allocation, timesheets etc
- Conduct regular PUP visits to ensure adherence to dispensing SOPs, appropriate stock management, maintenance of equipment and cleanliness
- Provide regular progress and performance reports
- Health / health management / pharmacy assistant diploma and 5 relevant years’ experience
- Minimum of 10 years relevant health / health facility-based experience
- Computer literacy essential
- Previous experience using health / patient management / pharmacy software packages preferable
- A valid driver's licence and own vehicle
Interested candidates should submit their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter via email to email@example.com, with subject heading “JHB Regional Coordinator” by 10 February 2020. If a response is not received within 2 weeks of final submission date, candidates may deem their application as unsuccessful.