St Josephs Home for chronically ill children
The St Joseph’s Home is a paediatric intermediate healthcare facility providing holistic medical and rehabilitation care for children with life threatening and life limiting conditions. The Home was established by the Pallottine Missionary Sisters and is run according to a Christian/Catholic ethos. The current staff complement is approx. 130, the majority of whom are nursing and professional therapy staff with HR, Operations and Fund development as support services.
St Joseph’s Home seeks to appoint a Physiotherapist to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to provide physiotherapy for children referred to St Joseph’s Home with developmental and or physical limitations on an inpatient or outpatient basis to improve their functional abilities taking into account the limitations presented by their impairments to improve their quality of life.
- To provide an effective and efficient Physiotherapy service to patients referred to St. Joseph’s home on an inpatient and outpatient basis to improve their functional abilities and to facilitate the reintegration of the child into different life areas
- To ensure, implement and maintain accurate, updated and effective administration
- To plan, implement and supervise after school and ward therapeutic programmes together with other therapists.
- To manage and supervise students and/ interns and related issues
- Enhance the therapeutic environment and physio function within St Joseph’s Home to provide optimal service delivery ensuring that is in line with best practice and through continuing professional development.
- Must have at least two years of experience in relevant job and preferably with children.
- Must be registered with HPCSA and have a BSC physiotherapy degree
- Must be able to work well with children.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be energetic
- Must demonstrate initiative
To apply Send CV to HR@stjosephshome.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the St Josephs Home for chronically ill children, refer to stjosephshome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies