Embrace Dignity is a South African feminist, abolitionist and human rights advocacy organisation. This means that they strive for the realisation of gender equality by directly challenging patriarchal and cultural gender norms that seek to oppress women and other marginalised bodies and deprive them of living a life of dignity. They want to abolish the system of prostitution by championing the human rights of prostituted people through their advocacy for the enactment of the Abolitionist Equality Model, Public Education and Exit programmes.Their programmes are based on the Nordic / Abolition model of human rights that addresses violence against women and gender equality. This model criminalises those who purchase sexual services and decriminalises those who are exploited for prostitution, but also offers prostituted people support to increase their options and to be able to choose to exit.
Embrace seeks to appoint a Personal Assistant to be based in Cape Town.
Remuneration: R10 000 - R12 000
The purpose of this position is to support the Executive Director Designate. The role requires full administrative and secretarial responsibilities, to ensure the smooth management of day to day affairs. A successful candidate will show initiative and be able to handle sensitive and complex matters in a professional and objective manner.
- Be the first point of contact and screen calls/correspondence and deal with them appropriately.
- Control access to the Executive Director Designate
- Full diary management (making appointments/rescheduling)
- Organising meetings and ensuring Executive Director Designate is fully prepared (agendas/pre-meeting briefs)
- Taking minutes and distributing meeting documents
- Liaising with relevant staff, suppliers and donors
- Assist the Executive Director Designate in research and following up actions items
- Manage travel arrangements and accommodation
- Maintain office systems including data management & filing
- Any other duties that may be reasonably required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Personal Assistant to a executive staff member
- Diploma in Office Management, Public Relations, Secretarial studies or other relevant qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Assertive yet courteous
- Proactive and must show initiative
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Organised and detailed orientated
- Computer literacy
- Maintain confidentiality
To apply, send your CV with contactable references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Cape Town Embrace, refer to www.embrace.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.