MatCH (Maternal, Adolescent and Child Health institute)
Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute (MatCH) is a non-profit organisation supporting public sector health services. MatCH implements donor funded projects to improve HIV and TB outcomes through providing technical assistance and direct service delivery support.
MatCH seeks to appoint a Senior Technical Advisor - Strategic Information x1 – Ref: 85 to be based in eThekwini in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
The purpose of this position will be to lead Strategic Information responsibilities for the APACE program including all monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of performance and results. The lead will liaise with relevant technical advisors and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level M&E and provide technical support for health information systems and data analytics.
- Provide strategic leadership in monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Oversee MatCH’s Health Information System development and implementation
- Lead the continuous development and implementation of data analytics
- Lead the production of data visualisations that are appropriate for different audiences and allow for the interpretation and comparison of complex data sets
- Participate in the senior management team
- Entrench a data driven approach in program implementation, ensuring quality data are the highest priority
- Ensure that M&E / SI quality and standards adhere to guidelines and industry best practices at the community, district, provincial and national levels
- Work effectively across business units and promote interdisciplinary team collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Take overall responsibility for the APACE M&E / SI by ensuring effective data collection, monitoring, and reporting systems are in place and adapted as needs require.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor for compliance and efficiency in implementation, data capture, cleaning, verification and reporting
- Conduct regular data quality checks, and track performance indicators to prepare high-quality and timely reports
- Provide technical support to work plan development and implementation
- Represent MatCH and provide strategic leadership in fora
- Establish and maintain good relationships with USAID and other stakeholders
- A Master's degree in management, monitoring and evaluation, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required
- Demonstrated skills in M&E management, frameworks, indicator development, systems development and report writing required
- Experience in database development and management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to capture and disseminate lessons learned to ensure the continual improvement of data collection processes and outputs
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats including visualizations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa's health information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes
- Minimum work experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience preferably in a large-scale PEPFAR-funded program
- Minimum of 6 years of performance management experience focused on operationalizing performance indicators.
- Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Able to manage large workload, deliver on short deadlines and work independently with limited supervision
- Organized, thorough, attention to detail, quality and accurate approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license, own vehicle and willingness to travel
Interested parties should clearly state the reference number of the vacancy you are applying for and forward your detailed CV and copies of the required certificates and registrations to: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about MatCH (Maternal, Adolescent and Child Health institute), refer to https://www.match.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies