IRD SA NPC
Employment Type: Internship contract
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Department: Finance and Administration
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
This Administration Officer will be a member of Finance and Administrative team based in Pretoria office and will work with the Procurement and Administration Officer and Finance Officer at Head Office in Johannesburg on tasks related to the daily management of the office and directly reports to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support as directed by Finance and Administration Manager to management team, Technical Team Leader, activity managers and other technical staff on the LON project.
- Ensure adequate stock of stationery, refreshments and cleaning materials.
- Ensure that administrative documents are reviewed and approved by appropriate staff.
- Screen all calls for the Technical Team Leader. This will include the initial screening of calls, the accurate taking and passing on of messages and the correct redirection of calls where another member of staff may be able to assist the caller.
- Coordinate project meetings, which may include internal and external participation. Schedule with all participants, prepare and distribute meeting materials, take meeting minutes, coordinate follow-up activities, etc.
- Book internal venues and make catering arrangements; if necessary, ensure that relevant materials and equipment are available in the venue.
- Track all domestic and international travel of project staff.
- Provide reception and support, including answering the telephone.
- Maintain the office calendar so that all internal office events are recorded and meeting rooms booked.
- Provide clarifications and advice on IRD SA procurement procedures and practices; respond to queries about the status of delivery raised by initiators and about payment and other matters raised by the suppliers;
- Perform a wide range of office support, for events and workshops contributing to the efficient and effective management of the administrative and procurement activities;
- Assist project staff with all professional administrative procedures including processing requests for visas, procedures, etc.);
- Assist the project staff with all travelling procedures: mission orders, flight tickets, booking of hotels, processing of expenses claims, etc.;
- Manage filing and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly
- Maintain a proper and systematic archive system
- Maintain office Petty Cash
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or its equivalent
- 1 years of administrative experience in a research, public health, or medical environment. Or an equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise good problem solving and to make decisions within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 31st January 2020
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer
Interactive Research and Development South Africa
Block A, 1st Floor, 36 Wierda Road,
Wierda West Valley, Sandton
Johannesburg 2192, South Africa
Tel: +27 (0) 11 326 7583
Fax: +27 (0) 86 572 2820
Reg. No. 2014/065414/08
120 Problem Mkhize (Cowey) Road
Durban 4001, South Africa
Tel: 031 309 1487
Fax: +27 (0) 86 572 2820