Location: Isibani District Office - Johannesburg
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Isibani seeks to appoint Assistant Program Manager to implement its NDoH Global fund TB / HIV program in Johannesburg Health and Ekurhuleni Districts.
The Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating all activities of the Global Fund Project at a district level. Assistant Program Manager provides oversight to GF district project staff to ensure that project goals are achieved. He / she will be the contact between the district and Isibani head offices
Key Responsibilities Include:
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, interact with the district to identify needs and requirements for program implementation.
- Liase and attend provincial / district / partner meetings.
- Collate and submit weekly and monthly workplans.
- Assist in developing and monitoring program plans and budgets.
- Ensure that district program team follow best practices and standard operating procedures for the project.
- Manage and monitor district project team to ensure quality and timely project delivery within allocated resources and time schedule.
- Provide regular and periodic updates on project status and concerns, and where necessary, troubleshoot in consultation with Program Manager.
- Ensure that all project-related documents are properly updated and maintained.
- Overseeing efficient and transparent use of GF resources and assets.
- Plan, coordinate and assist in conducting training sessions.
- Facilitating timely review of project progress at district level.
- Assist in the identification of implementation problems and bottlenecks, escalate them through relevant channels and develop remedial actions in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Providing support to district staff, and monitor performance.
- Conduct regular supervisory site visits.
- Monitor overall district targets attainment.
- Provide regular feedback to the district and to Isibani head office.
- Assist in preparation and submission of reports in a timely manner.
- Identify and document lessons learned, develop and use existing platforms to disseminate lessons learned to improve programme results.
- Perform other related duties as required for effective implementation of the GF project.
- A qualification in Public health with at least 5 years or more experience in project management and supervision.
- Sound knowledge on TB, MDR TB and TB/HIV
- Knowledge of the South African health system (provincial, district, sub district and facility levels) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of DOH data management systems.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A valid South African Drivers’ License.
- Computer literacy and ability to work on different Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Power Point, etc.)
Suitable candidates to send applications at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject “Assistant Program Manager - JHD” no later than 24 January 2020.
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified.