Khululeka Grief Support
Khululeka Grief Support is a dynamic Cape Town based NGO working in the child sector. We are passionate about growing the emotional wellbeing of children and adolescents. Khululeka programmes include adult workshops on recognising and supporting grieving children and adolescents, and support groups for children and adolescents.
Khululeka seeks to appoint a Programme Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: 1 March 2020
Employment Type: Full time; permanent
The bpurpose of this position is to someone who is passionate about the wellbeing of children and who is motivated to make a difference.
- Programme Management and Oversight: Ensure that the Khululeka Programme is well managed, by ensuring that proper operational planning, budgeting and monitoring systems are in place.
- Programme Planning and Coordination: Be responsible for the delivery of a high quality programme that is consistent with Khululeka’s vision, mission and strategic direction, and that satisfies our clients/stakeholders and/or donor expectations.
- Programme Development: Extend and adapt Khululeka’s programme to ensure that high quality programmes remain responsive to the needs of clients, yet remain aligned with Khululeka’s overall vision and mission.
- Training: Provide high quality training and mentoring to professionals and para-professionals to support bereaved children and adolescents.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Contribute towards the ongoing development of Khululeka’s M&E system and oversee the implementation of M&E systems.
- Capacity Building and HR Management: Ensure that all Khululeka staff, including contract trainers, are supported to deliver high quality programmes.
- Networking: Support and assist the Director in networking within the child sector, the broader non-profit sector and government.
- Fundraising: Assist the Director to prepare and present proposals and manage and maintain funding relationships.
- Administration: Support the smooth administration through the implementation of efficient systems.
- Social Work degree.
- Ten years’ of experience (preferable) in the child sector and an excellent knowledge of current issues relating to children and adolescents in South Africa.
- 5 years+ experience in project and programme management.
- 5 years+ experience in materials, curriculum and programme development.
- 5 years+ or more experience in developing and implementing M&E systems.
- 5 years+ experience in training and mentoring people of different capacities, Training of Trainers.
- Experience with working with different donors and stakeholders in the child sector.
- Experience in facilitating support groups with children would be an advantage.
- Direct experience in working with children and families would be an advantage.
- Coaching qualification and experience an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills (email, internet, Microsoft Office).
- Excellent proficiency in English (speaking and writing).
- Xhosa or Afrikaans would be an advantage.
- Driver’s license and own transport.
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- A detailed CV
- Motivation letter
- A list of 3 referees
- Brief salary history and expectation
- Copy of driver’s license
If you have not heard from us by 31 January 2020, assume that your application has not been successful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Khululeka, refer to www.khululeka.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Khululeka Grief Support, refer to www.khululeka.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies