The Homestead Projects for Streetchildren
The Homestead Projects for Street Children,successfully transitions neglected and traumatised children away from the street, back home or on to successful independent living through a holistic set of prevention, outreach, stabilisation, residential care, and family reunification and youth transition programmes.
The Homestead Projects for Streetchildren seeks to appoint an Auxilliary Child and Youth Care worker to be based in Cape Town.
- Grade 12 and / or relevant qualifications
- Valid and current registrations with SACSSP - Preferable
- Valid Drivers license
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
- Willingness to work shifts; Including night shifts, public holidays and cover weekends
- Willingness to work with boys between the ages of 7 and 17
- Fluency in English and either Afrikaans or Xhosa
- Must be passionate about developing and helping young men
- Ability to work within a team and be a motivator and self starter
The Homestead strives to be an employer of choice and provides a provident fund and 13th cheque. Salary is R5500 per month
To apply submit CV, a copy of drivers licence, proof of qualifications, SACSSP proof of registration, and 2 contactable references, one of which must be a previous employer to Julia@thehomestead.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application NGO Pulse Portal