The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for particularly women and children and the most vulnerable. They believe that the implementation of socio-economic rights demand open, transparent and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society) and should result in the significant reduction of poverty and inequality. To this end they will promote active civic engagement by all living in South Africa, made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society.
The Black Sash seeks to appoint a Regional Manager tobe based in Western Cape Regional Office (WCRO).
Start date: immediately
Employment Type: Permanent
Cost to Company: R 468,015.46
The overall purpose of this position is to establish Regional Human Rights work as a central component of the overall strategy of the organization with a focus on strengthening community based organizations and structures. The Black Sash is looking for a proactive, creative, ethical and accountable leader, who sets high standards, is able to work in a team, and has a passion for human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment.
- Programme design, management and delivery (planning, monitoring and evaluation) align to the organisation’s annual strategic plan.
- Building strong partnerships and networks
- Human Resource Management
- Administration, finance management and fundraising
- Contribute to organization’s strategic direction, plans and policies.
- A post graduate degree in law or social sciences (preferable) ii) or a degree in law or social sciences (with at least five years work experience)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of human rights, poverty and inequality studies and broader development and political context in SA.
- Thorough knowledge of Constitutional law, Administrative law, Social Security law; Consumer law, Labour law and international and African human rights instruments and conventions.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in the area of human rights
- A minimum of 3 years continuous project management experience (with a provincial, regional or national scope)
- A minimum of 3 years continuous staff management experience (teams of three people or more)
- Media liaison, advocacy, training & facilitation, (para)legal, monitoring, community development and / or policy and research experience would be valuable.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills English
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong planning, organizational, strategic and analytical skills
- Confidence with information and communication technology
- Communication skills in the predominant language of the region would be an advantage
- Valid Driver’s License.
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan. The candidate will be based at the Cape Town Regional Office, but will be required to travel.
To apply, submit a CV, including three contactable referees,together with a letter of motivation to email@example.com or fax to 021 686 7168
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel #: (021) 686 6952
A full job description is available on request.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about Black Sash, refer to https://www.blacksash.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies