Pinotage Youth Development Academy (PYDA)
PYDA develops talented, previously disadvantaged 18 – 25 year old youth for employment. Our innovative combines personal development skills (40%) with industry-specific vocational training (40%) and practical work experience (20%). PYDA graduates are a new generation of young professionals who have a big picture view, grow fast in their careers and are making a difference in their communities. The Academy has successfully implemented this in the Wine & Tourism and Fruit Industries, and related sectors such as hospitality.
PYDA seeks to appoint a Financial Admin and Services Manager to be based in Stellenbosch.
The purpose of the position is to offers a unique opportunity to contribute to youth development and empowerment.
- South African with a passion for development and the NGO sector.
- Brings energy, the right blend of knowledge and expertise, is adaptable and has a commitment to continuous learning and change.
- Key is a solid understanding of accounting principles and substantial (approximately 10 years) track record of experience, which includes dimensions of accounting administration and management (50% of the role) and facilities management.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and working knowledge of Pastel- Sage software are required.
- Additional core requirements include systems orientation, high level of communication confidence (written, verbal, reporting and presentations), and fluency in at least two South African languages.
- The role will require initiative; ability to integrate collaboratively with a diverse team, internal and external stakeholders; EQ, and proven capability to focus on detail and hold the bigger picture.
- A driver’s licence and own vehicle is essential.
Full detail of role is on the website www. pyda.co.za
The successful candidate will be expected to travel to Stellenbosch on a daily basis and work in a busy open plan office during working hours (usually 08h00 until 16h00).
PYDA salary packages are competitive within NGO and small business environments in W Cape region. The Academy believes in lifelong learning and continuous personal development for all staff.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to submit a two page CV, a motivation of 300 words, detail of your current and / or salary expectation, and names and contact details of two referees – to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about PYDA, refer to www.pyda.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies