The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to offer social work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration. The Haven is a non-governmental organisation working to help the homeless back to a home.
The Haven seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in District Six.
The purpose of this position will be to be responsible for all social work services and the development of and monitoring of PDP’s and Exit plans for all clients.
Remuneration: R 14 416 per month
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Shelter Manager.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- Code B drivers licence essential -non-negotiable
- Successful candidate will need to match The Shelter Manager’s work programme
- Experience in managing client information, is a pre-requisite
- Efficient handling of PDP with Exit Plans
- Experience in scheduling reviews, including the reviews of the exit date
- Experience in commencing group work within 3 weeks of taking over. Starting with at least 6 hours of group work per week
- No criminal record
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, a 2nd language would be beneficial
- Experience in the NGO sector will be advantages
The Haven believes no one should have to liveon the streets.
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send two pages CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Social Worker Haven- District Six Shelter" in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
If you don't receive a response from us within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies