HPCA requires the services of Temp - Linkage Officer (3 Months Period)
Mpumalanga: Gert Sibande District, Msukaligwa Local Municipality
The primary purpose of this position is to support HIV Lay Counsellor testing services and strengthen linkages from community-based HIV testing points to HIV care and treatment.
The Successful Candidate Will:
Support Community HIV Testing Services as per HPCA annual Work plan:
- Collaborate with community stakeholders and DoH to create increased demand for community-based HTS
- Support Lay Counsellors with newly initiated clients
- Support Lay Counsellors to assist in clients undertaking the HIV self-test (HIVSS)
Implement Linkage to Care as per HPCA annual Work plan:
- Link all referred reactive clients tested to facility for treatment initiation
- Encourage clients who have a reactive screening on sight to have a Rapid Test immediately to confirm their status
- Follow up on clients who have accepted non-assisted HIVSS who used the test and provide support.
- Follow up on clients who have received a reactive result after self- testing and are not willing to undertake a Rapid Test
- Confirm the correctness of all contact information and complete clinical forms
- Provide enhanced adherence support to all clients who have been initiated on treatment
- Follow up and trace reactive clients who have not been linked to care by collaborating with WBPHCOTs and CBOs
- Maintain Linkage standards in line with the National HTS policy guideline and HPCA Linkage and Referral SOP.
Monitoring and Reporting as per HPCA annual Work plan
- Advise the TLRO on newly initiated clients, to liaise with the data capturer to verify on Tier.Net
- Advise the TLRO if a client is initiated on treatment to enable updating of the tracking and tracing tool
- Advise the TLRO on outcomes of linkage activities for both rapid and HIVSS testing
- Report any challenges related to supporting testing or linkage to care to TLRM
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE (Minimum requirements):
- Completed Grade 12
Minimum of one to Three years’ experience in:
- HIV and AIDS or Public Health field
- HIV Testing Services and application of testing modalities;
- Referral Systems and pathways, linkage and Retention in Care
- Experience in Tracing strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Technical Skill and expertise
- Good communication Skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Detail Orientation
- High level of integrity
- Team work
Please submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 20th January 2020.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as the organisation’s employment equity plan.