Common Good is a Christian faith-based, not-for-profit organisation founded by Common Ground Church in 2005, working in a range of communities. We're passionate about addressing issues of social justice that challenge our city. We seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the areas of early life, education and employment, so that individuals and communities across Cape Town can build brighter futures for themselves.
Common Good’s Early Life initiative, Sikunye, seeks to appoint a Early Life Operational Support
The purpose of this position is to inspire, mobilise and equip the church to support parents, caregivers and families to provide nurturing care for their children in the first thousand days of life, to lay the foundations for children to thrive and attain their God-given potential. Common Good is searching for a dynamic individual with proven project management experience to offer Operational Support. This role is primarily responsible for administration and operational support needed for all events and training that will enable the Sikunye team to execute its strategic goals as well as ensuring that Sikunye data is managed efficiently and accurately. The successful candidate will enjoy working with data, systems and processes, and working accurately with a strong attention to detail. The operational support will also coordinate a number of other projects for the Sikunye team, including fulfilling the office management type role, organising events and coordinating a number of varied trainings. The successful candidate would need to have excellent communication skills. An added bonus would be someone with the ability to train or manage social media.
- Data Management:
- Effectively and efficiently manage any and all relevant databases
- Ensure that the required data is gathered, collated and captured from all relevant parties
- Ensure administration process are designed, implemented and supported to ensure efficient and effective practice.
- Ensure Sikunye team members have the data collection tools they need for every training / events.
- Training / Event Support:
- Project manage all events run by the Sikunye team, including but not limited to promotion, invites and RSVP management, catering, multimedia, setup and pack down, volunteers, liaising with staff and analyses and report back on the efficacy of the events based on the intended outcomes and goals.
- Oversee the administration processes required to support the events and training activities such as data capturing, follow-ups, and communication processes.
- Responsible for ensuring each event or training has the relevant M&E tools needed
- Manage the event/training calendar as determined by management
- Create and keep updated process docs on SharePoint to ensure each team member is well aware of their responsibilities and is able to execute on them
- Social Media / Communication Administration Support:
- Manage the email enquiries
- Support the communications manager and early life team with social media post, tracking comments and enquiries.
- Project manage newsletters/mailers including managing deadlines, liaising with contributors, collecting content and liaising with communications/design team and final distribution
- General Operational Support:
- Create and manage a comprehensive team calendar by planning and inputting all timelines and dates for operational outputs including but not limited to events, course, training days, projects, newsletters etc.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple internal teams and stakeholders, including all Common Good teams, local churches and other partner organizations.
- Schedule and Manage operational meetings
- Keep track of actions and follow up points from the Early Life operational meetings
- Support early life team leader operationally as and when needed
- Actively participate by contributing your opinions and thoughts in conversations and discussions and engage practically with communities as part of the Sikunye team
- Be an active member of the Common Good Team, by being willing and able to proactively contribute to the success of other projects and teams within Common Good.
- Participation in staff meetings and appropriate training workshops
- A relevant tertiary (diploma / degree) in administration
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- 2-3 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment managing multiple and varied projects and event
- Active member of a local Church
- Willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of Common Good is essential
- Own transport is essential
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong administrative skills
- Advance computer skills especially on Microsoft office
- High capacity to manage multiple projects from start to finish
- Strong networking abilities and confident to engage with church networks
- Strong interpersonal skills, relatable and non-judgmental.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial, creative and an outside the box thinker.
- Ability to maintain effective quality assurance systems, and to collect and manage qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, be flexible and take initiative.
- A driver’s license and own transport as the role requires travel.
- Competencies and Abilities:
- Detail oriented and process driven with an aptitude for administration
- Very organized
- Strong Project Management skills
- Highly proactive with good self-leadership;
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Moderate-advanced computer skills with special focus on project management tools
- Knowledgeable but teachable about FTD and the local church
- Passionate about local church and social justice;
- Respectful, supportive, inclusive, empathetic and encouraging
- Pioneering spirit for working in a newly established program in the NGO space;
- Geared towards working in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams
NB! Your own transport is essential, as you will be traveling between locations.
Must be willing to work outside of office hours and Saturdays as per the event calendar
You’ll thrive in this role if…
- You have strong organisational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities.
- You have a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- You have strong interpersonal and team-building skills and ability to build relationships with team members.
- lead from a place of humility and possibility.
- collaborate and partner respectfully with other key change agents
- You show initiative in getting tasks done.
- If you are passionate about making a difference by contributing to a team striving to see a society in which families are supported and strengthened by local churches across SA (and beyond) to provide children with the nurturing care they need within the first thousand days of life to thrive and ultimately achieve their full protentional; and have the relevant experience and the desire to serve with an organization that loves our City and is passionate about social justice then this opportunity may be just for you.
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references.
REF: Indicate the position title in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.
For more about Common Good, refer to https://www.commongood.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies