The Finance Administrator is responsible for capturing transactions onto the accounting system and maintaining a proper filing system for all source documentation regarding payments and receipts. In addition, this role will be maintaining adherence to procurement policies and CDC rules.
|Key Performance Areas|
|KPA 1||Data capturing: Perform all capturing and processing of data and entries (Pastel).|
|KPA 2||Filing: Timely and correctly file all documentation (hard copies and electronically).|
|KPA 3||Supporting the Finance and Compliance Officer – supports every activity of the Finance and Compliance Officer. These are in respect of:
|KPA 4||Ad hoc:
- Decisions are deterministic, that is, the outcome of the decision is known in advance, based either on experience, qualifications, and/or training.
- The job requires that the incumbent has at least a basic understanding of a specific discipline.
- Company (or departmental) procedures are in place to guide the job holder in making decisions.
- The job is very procedurised (written procedures or other).
- Events will arise from time to time requiring from the incumbent to use his/her own discretion.
- The role entails deciding how best to carry out the operations within the process which has been selected, i.e. regarding technology, tools, sequence, timing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Behavioural Competencies
- Some knowledge of the NGO environment
- A good understanding of SEAD’s business environment
- An understanding of the dynamics of stakeholders such as Prime Recipients and the Department of Health
- Previous experience of compliance and auditing would be an added advantage
Skills and Behavioural Competencies:
- Skilled in relevant accounting software, such as Pastel
- Analytical skills
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent accounting skills
- Good people skills
Interested candidates can email CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications, Experience and Training
Qualifications: Diploma in subjects such as Finance or Accounting
Experience: 3-5 years’ relevant experience (bookkeeping or data capturing)