IkamvaYouth (IY) is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty through education. The organisation exists to reduce inequality in South Africa, and its track record of matric results, access to post-school opportunities, and alumni success is proof that positive change is possible.
The successful candidate will manage and oversee the smooth running of the branch which includes providing support to branch staff, coordinating branch activities and ensuring that the IY Model is being implemented within a conducive learning environment.
Reporting line: District Manager – WC
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R18 405.33
- Oversee and coordinate branch activities
- Ensure that all community engagements and governance meetings are held timeously and minutes distributed
- Ensure that policies and the code of conduct are reviewed and shared with relevant stakeholders
- Manages the Grade 12 programme for the branch
- Manages learner, tutor and mentor recruitment
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement and public relations activities of the branch
- Responsible for the branch budget
- A related tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years working experience
- At least 1 year of leadership experience
- Experience in the NGO and education sector would be advantageous
- Experience in working with the youth required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and flexible analytical thinker
- Innovative and resourceful
- Commitment to IY’s five values and redressing inequalities through education.
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Branch Coordinator - Nyanga” by 27 January 2020.
Due to the volume of applicants, should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful