John Snow Inc (JSI)
John Snow Research and Training Institute, Inc, (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Community Mobilization Supervisor for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa. The position will be based in eThekwini, Zululand Joburg and Sedibeng.
Key Performance Areas:
- Supervise and manage a team of community mobilizers who will mobilize men for MMC services
- Provide technical support to ensure that mobilization activities are carried out with cultural sensitivity and most effectively to meet project targets.
- In close coordination with the Communication and Mobilization Supervisor, plan and supervise conducting of the team’s mobilization activities such as high school mobilizations, taxi ranks, community open days, etc.
- Establish and maintain good relations with health facilities
- Closely monitor team’s performance, and compile regular reports on team’s progress
- Maintain close coordination with clinic team lead to ensure matching of demand for services with supply of services at all times.
- Observe mobilizers at work and mentor them to improve performance
- May be called upon to facilitate group education sessions on VMMC at health facilities from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in community mobilization and health promotion is essential.
- A personal commitment to public health issues, particularly HIV and AIDS is required.
- Experience in working with communities and community mobilization strategies is required. Prior experience in mobilizing for VMMC is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills will be an added advantage.
- Must have completed a matric secondary school education at a minimum.
- Your ability to speak English and local South African language dominant in the area and surroundings where the VMMC program is taking place will be an added advantage.
Closing Date for Applications: 16 January 2020 Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Community Mobilization Officer) to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within 30 days of the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.